Thread: Sorting attachments/ creating an album questions

Sorting attachments/ creating an album questions

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. A few related questions.

1) Started out trying to create an album. Problem is that I cannot organize the images according to the way I prefer. No matter how I load the images into the work bar at the bottom of the page and no matter if I use ascend or descending order I get a random placement of images in my album. The arrangement doesn't even correspond to the arrangement in the work bar.

A work around for the above problem has been to delete and reattach images to the album until I scramble to the correct order. It seems that when editing an existing album the rule is - last image attached moves to 1st place in the album

2) I have images in my attachment folder which are not being used anywhere in the forum. Why can't I delete them?The attachment manager has a note that says that unused images will be deleted after 1 hour but they are there days later.

3) The last few days I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO ACCESS MY ATTACHMENT MANAGER without going to the album and editing something. If I go to my "settings" and to attachments I get a page of a list of all my attachments and the option to view them as icons but I can't go from that page to the attachment manager page.

Also, when I get to the list above why do some of the images have little check box squares while others do not? At first I thought that the check mark squares were just for album related items but in the past 2 days I have attached images to a couple of threads and those attachments have the squares but all the earlier ones do not.

FINALLY

4) The past few days when I attach an image to a thread I get a little box (I think it is called "basic attachment"). It works fine for attaching an image BUT as I wrote in # 3 I can no longer get to the more advanced attachment manager. The general setting in my account in regards to attachments shows that I have properly turned on the Enhanced Attachment Uploading. But I never see the enhanced feature anymore.

Just so that you know - we have not changed our computer or browser or any feature of our computer since I have started on Sawmill Creek. Any advice will be most welcome.

I'm sure all the above is related to my missing something obvious or otherwise just being dense - has happened before Thanks for helping set me straight.

Sam
    Last edited by Sam Murdoch; 02-28-2012 at 5:38 PM.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

If these questions are unanswerable - We don't know – is an acceptable answer. No reply at all just leaves me wondering.
    Since I wrote the above, the second part of # 3 starting with also, seems to have self corrected. The check boxes are no longer there.
    Question 1 is the least of my concerns but if someone could answer 2-4 I would appreciate the help.

Writing on an iMac OS X 10.6.8 with Safari as the browser.

Thanks. Sam
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Sam,

Editing threads, posts and deleting pictures has a 24 hour time limit. I don't know for sure if this limit applies to albums.
    Honestly I'm not familiar with the albums feature here, I have never had the time to setup an album yet and it is rare that I can find the time to use the Blog features.
    Possibly one of our Moderators can help you, if not send a PM to our server admin Aaron Koehl. Aaron is the software Guru here.