Thread: Why can't I edit while I type?

Why can't I edit while I type?

Strange bahavior...can't see a cursor where I'm typing and when I'm done & want to correct a mistake it won't allow me to insert an edit. If I bang on the keyboard hard enough (I'm kidding) it'll let me ADD more characters in the middle of a sentence but I can't delete what's already there.

Works OK for me, cursor there. I can cut, paste, delete etc. I am using Vista with Firefox.

If you are using FireFox, try hitting <F7> and changing that setting one way or the other. I've been having weird problems like that and messing with that setting improves things, but not a complete "fix". I turned off a punch oif add-ins and the problem seemed to go away until my next reboot, I suspect my company is pushing some software at me that is causing this problem. I only see this on my company Win XP laptop, my home machine running Firefox on Linux Mint is flawless. Funny how often flawless and Linux end up in the same sentance, but flawless and Windows never do!

Blog Entries
    I am having the same editing problem in Firefox as well. Mine seems to only happen when I edit an existing post though.

Jerome,
    Linux works flawless for for me as well. That's mostly because I can't figure out how to do anything on it, so it just sits there with a blinking cursor. That part is absolutely flawless!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Now at home. Flashing cursor, check. Insert EdIt, ChEcK. Home is Firefox on W7. Work is Firefox on XP. Hmmm. I used FF on XP at home for years with no issues & I've monkeyed with the system at work way less than at home so I wouldn't expect anything odd to be happening there. This is the only site/forum where this occurs, btw.

Now at work. Cursor, check. Edit, check. WTH? I didn't change anything.

Blog Entries
    Maybe they fixed on this end.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Now at work. Cursor, check. Edit, check. WTH? I didn't change anything.
    These things happen in leap years and full moons. Seriously, I have lost count of the times something like that has happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    If you are using FireFox, try hitting <F7> and changing that setting one way or the other. I've been having weird problems like that and messing with that setting improves things, but not a complete "fix". I turned off a punch oif add-ins and the problem seemed to go away until my next reboot, I suspect my company is pushing some software at me that is causing this problem. I only see this on my company Win XP laptop, my home machine running Firefox on Linux Mint is flawless. Funny how often flawless and Linux end up in the same sentance, but flawless and Windows never do!
    No problem with Linux and Firefox here either. Typing and editing working as expected.