Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SuperNOVA2 worth the extra cost?

Where can u purchase the supernova 2 reconditioned?

John's note has the link for the chucks. Bought the G 3 last fall and the 50 mm jaws ect. came with it, just like a new one would.
    C&C WELCOME

I should have added that I, too, have purchased a reconditioned SN2, and could not discern any difference between it and a new one - packaging and all.

I have never ordered any of the refurbs but I will when I need another. I currently have an SN2 and 2 G3s. I too dislike changing jaws.

"The best things in life are not things."

Supernova2 all the way.
    Jeff
    "There's is only one way to turn wood....Safely"

I bought a new and a recon unit and frankly I can't any difference between the two of them (except for the yellow staining on the original from the BLO!)

You WILL need to order an adapter for either one to fit your lathe.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

I have been trying in earnest to find a recon'd SN2...all the site says is "See our dealers". Any links to where I can actually get one? Just poped the mounts off my Barracuda and need to get a move on!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Jim, I would imagine the recent activity in this thread has them temporarily out of stock. You might want to just keep checking the site daily.

Although not the answer I was looking for...your advise is taken sir...Happy Easter!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

I have a G3 and would consider getting a Nova2 recon as an extra chuck. Does the Nova2 work well on a Delta 46-460 or is it to heavy? My other question is...why are there so many reconditioned Nova chucks? Do people return them because of quality issues or are they rejected chucks at the factory and then reworked...and thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul, as to the first question, the G3 is an excellent chuck for the Delta, and all you really need given the 12.5" swing. No info on the second question.

Site to find reconditioned chucks, novatoolsusa.com
    C&C WELCOME

Check Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Ferguson View Post
    Site to find reconditioned chucks, novatoolsusa.com
    Nova seems to still be out of the reconditioned SuperNova2.Woodcraft has new ones on sale for $139.00....still a good deal for a fine chuck.
    TB

I too have both the G3 and a SN2. I prefer using the wrench supplied with the SN2.
    I have more trouble getting the G3's wrench into its slots in the chuck so I can tighten/untighten the chuck.