Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy at monster tool

Sorry to hear the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. I did not have the chance to meet Randy, but I would have liked to meet him. I hope his daughter and son in law keep the business going for a long time. Randy certainly designed and built nice equipment.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

I never met Randy in person but I know he was highly thought of by this community. As all of you, I extend my sincere condolences to his family and to those of you who called him a friend.
    faust

This is truly sad news and my condolences go out to his family. He was a great and talented craftsman and built an excellent tool rest for me a few years back. He will truly be missed.
    Dick Mahany.

Very sad news. Randy was a great guy!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Thank you all so much for your kind and caring words about my father! He truly loved what he did and all that he had the chance to meet over the years! My husband and I will continue to get orders out, and do what we can. There will be some modifications to the website of course. Our knowledge is not as extensive as his of course, but we will learn!

Thank you all again, God Bless

Michelle and Todd Matejka

Michelle, so good to have you respond. Randy was one of a kind, but he has left a legacy in the turning world that is worth the effort to keep it going. I do hope that you and Todd are able to pick up the pieces and go forward with Monster Lathe Tools. You, and the business, are important to us. I think your father would have understood that, and would wish for that.

My best for you and your family. You have been and will continue to be in our prayers.

I feel very sad of the loss of Randy, he did a quality job in promoted the ability of turners to do HF's. My prayers go out to his Widow and love ones.

The turning world has lost a good man. Michelle, I am very sorry for your loss.
    Nova DVR XP, so-so Sears bandsaw, no-name grinder, a load of Thompson tools, growing pile of "design opportunities"

I will add my name to the long list of people who will miss him. A good man. The quality of his work was a reflection of the quality of the man.

robo hippy

Sorrow and loss. Only spoke to him one time. Easy to connect to as a person on the phone. His passing on top of the fact that today I am going to the memorial service for my turning friend today is hard to take. His family has my condolences. I had hoped to visit on a trip this spring.
    C&C WELCOME

Sorry to hear the sad news and my condolences go out to this fine man's family. I dealt with Randy by phone several times while purchasing his system and always enjoyed our conversations. A terrific guy!

I was shocked to see Vaughn's post as the last I had read Randy was home and on the phone with a few friends. An honorable man who will be sorely missed.

That is very sad news. My thougths are with his family.
    I too had heard (probably here) that he was making progress, so I check his website yesterday or the day before, and saw the 6 week message was gone. It had gotten my hopes up that he was doing better. I only had one interaction with him via email a year ago, but from what everyone says about him, he was a helluva guy, and will be missed.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

My heart goes out to Randy and his family. They've had it hard the last few years.
    I pray that the family is able to heal and go on.
    Change One Thing

My thoughts and condolences go out to Randy's family. My experiences dealing with him were always positive and pleasant. I'm sure he will be missed.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome