Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randy at monster tool

Not what I wanted to read when I logged on today. Randy was a good man. I talked with him on several occasions and felt like we had a friendship even though we had never met. He will truly be missed and I feel like I lost a friend. Randy's whole family will be in my prayers.. Sad and miserable day indeed.

Sorry to hear the sad news of Randy. I have only talk with him a couple of times over the phone.
    He will be missed by woodturners every where.

Blog Entries
    A sad day, indeed...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Blog Entries
    My prayers are with him and his family. He was a very important member to the world of wood turning. He will be missed by all of us. God bless you Randy, rest in peace.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

I did not know Randy but he was always fair in his dealings with me. I know he was very personally involved with the making of the tools that so many of us use in our work. So, perhaps he will live on in that way. It must be exceptionally difficult for his family and loved ones.
    David DeCristoforo

sorry to hear of the loss, missed but not forgotten

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

It is always sad news to hear that someone in our community has passed. I had no interaction with Randy but it sounds like he was a heck of a guy and the embodiment of what this community is about. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends tonight.

Some days you need to stop the fast pace of life and reflect on one mans good deed to others. Randy, I would say from the comments posted here that you made a difference. Big or small, it change people on how people went about turning and the enjoyment your products added to that.

Just a week ago, I ordered my Monster. It will definitely be used with Randy in spirit. Michelle, I hope you can find some peace here on SMC. Randy was truly a humble man who just wanted to help others through his products.

Rest in peace Randy and I hope your family finds comfort from the support given here.

I only talked to Randy on the phone a couple of times and it was a pleasant experience. Our loss as wood turners is great but pale in comparison to the loss to his family. May you find peace and strength.
    Fred

Randy was so helpful with my hollowing system a few years back. A man of integrity. Praying for your family.

Jeff

It's always so sad to loose someone who truly made a difference in the world. Randy's tools helped countless turners achieve their desire of hollowing without the physical and mental stress involved (most of the time) with hand hollowing. I feel sad to have missed the chance to ever meet him and now the world is worse off without him. Rest in peace Randy.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

A sad day. I didn't know Randy personally, but from all I have heard about him I know he was very well liked and respected in the turning community. He will be greatly missed but also well remembered. My sincere condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Very sad news...I had read his condition was critical, but I think we were all optimistic he'd pull through. Thoughts and prayers to his family and circle of friends as well as all those he helped in the turning community.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

I spent the better part of the day today with my Monster articulated rig, and I couldn't help but think about Randy's passing… He's certainly left one hell of a legacy in the woodturning world with his wonderful tools. I'm sorry I never got to meet him, but I'm certainly proud that I have a little piece of his handiwork in my shop.