Ok, first let me state, I am not into computers and will never be. They are not at all interesting to me, just the information that they can bring me.

What I really don't want is a techical lecture that takes off with a few computer geeks talking to themselves. Hate to sound selfish, but this thread is about me and what I need. And right now I need help.

Last time I bought a computer I had more money and just checked all the boxes and told them I wanted the Arnold Swartzanegger model so I have this totally outdated dual processor Dell, that in 14 years has used about 14% of its memory. Its getting close to useless and it has still cost me $314 a year. I want to take a different tact this time....

Most bang for the buck! Replace sooner.....

Reliability and service are important as well.

I have been reading all day, took the day off, and I still have not reached a conclusion. I like Systemax and Lotus as they are at least assembled in the USA, but that is not a deal breaker either. Couldn't find out a lot about either company from anyone that did not sell them.

Requirements? I am just using the internet to harass people on a few forums, looking for materials, and keeping track of my business, that not being so difficult a task these days. No gaming or graphic design so no big loads. I may tackle a cad program again when I get more time, but god knows when that will be.

I have an idea that an Intel i3 and about 4-8 gb ram are about right, but feel free to straighten me out. I am thinking Windows 7 Pro, and I like the office programs I have now so adding that. Beyond that am I missing anything?

Any screaming deals?

Remember I am a computer illiterate, so talk slow....

Thanks, Larry