Thread: Not just any old hunk of wood

Not just any old hunk of wood

I would not have went to the trouble except this was the root ball of a small tree my son took down at his house. His first tree removal at his first house. It had several piths and cracked while drying. I used some CA on the small cracks and sawdust in the larger cracks. While finish turning the side blew out. I put that back with Mesquite sawdust and epoxy. All total I counted 23 mostly small cracks. He likes it. I guess that is all that matters.
    Brians Bowl 1.jpgBrians Bowl 2.jpgBrians Bowl 3.jpg

It started out larger than the 12 1/2 swing on my delta 46-460 and ended up around 9 inches after I got through all of the rotten wood, and the cracking and drying

Paul,
    I gotta hand it to you. You are tenacious. Good job!

the outcome looks great..& if your son likes it you are in clover.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Kinda has that coat of many colors effect! Good form and I am sure it is something that your son will cherish for a long time! Nice work on that!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Great looking bowl and save. I am sure it will be cherished by your son.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

It's called character.... and it seems that both you and the bowl have oodles of it.