Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new Free Chainsaw bucking and ripping station

Kathy--- so long as you are cutting smaller pieces, that looks like a great solution.

Here is the contraption I think Roger was referring to. I've been threatening to make one of these for myself.

Hilton Handcraft - The Easy-Lift Sawbuck

I do the little stuff on a more traditional sawbuck, the big ones on a big short maple round that I can roll the logs to, but it sure takes a toll bending over like that.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dan Forman View Post
    Kathy--- so long as you are cutting smaller pieces, that looks like a great solution.

Here is the contraption I think Roger was referring to. I've been threatening to make one of these for myself.

Hilton Handcraft - The Easy-Lift Sawbuck

I do the little stuff on a more traditional sawbuck, the big ones on a big short maple round that I can roll the logs to, but it sure takes a toll bending over like that.

Dan
    Hi Dan,

that was not the one I was thinking about, but that is not a bad option at all! The one I was thinking of was a gantry crane a guy built out of pressure treated lumber, had 4 wheels on it and had a chain hoist and a strap on it for putting underneath the log........just roll the log into the strap, and lift.......roll the whole unit over to his sawbuck and cut the blanks.

I searched for the thread, but could not find it..........it was over a year ago and was pretty ingenious and would work well where someone had room for it like Kathy appears to have in the pics she shows of her woodpile.

Thanks for showing us the one you did .........that has definite possibilities.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally Dickerman View Post
    Kathy, do yourself a favor. Use your chain saw to cut a V into the top the block. It will be a big help in holding logs as you saw them down the middle.

+1 on Wally with the V cut, safety, safety, safety......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Show them how, and you too, will learn
    Sole proprietor, Up North Burls
    Secretary, Rainy River Area Woodworkers
    Journeyman Steamfitter, Local 589