Thread: Teknatool Grinding Station

Teknatool Grinding Station

Greetings,

Dont see a ton of talk about this product. I have to say I have a few concerns and less than impressed overall. Ill preface by saying I attempted to contact Teknatool CS 6 different times to discuss this product and never got an answer . I bit the bullet and picked up one from Amazon. I have no experience with grinding jigs and or setups . There are NO directions on how to assemble the various pieces. I will say when the 1st couple of pages of a manual discuss how good a product is and all that it can do I know Im in trouble. Digging a little further I find suggestions for various setups but nothing about putting anything together. While I realize you dont need extreme intelligence for this product its still nice to have something to reference. I finally decided to use the parts list to get a general idea of putting it together. Seems like a decent tool after getting things going. Dont like how the rest has to be disassembled to use the finger grinding jig. Overall moderately please but on the fence about keeping it. The whole CS has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Any other creekers use or try this product? Thoughts and or ideas on various grinds and setups?

Are you talking about the NOVA Sharpening Center? You set up to grind various angles, etc. and has the little platform? If so, I had one and ended up selling it. Just not convenient nor easy nor practical in my opinion. I got what money I could from it and invested in the wolverine set up...a real walk in the park in comparison. Very, very easy to use, very user-friendly. Just my opinion...

Michael,
    I've never heard of this jig, but here's the manual:
    http://teknatool.com/products/Other/...20Aug%2009.pdf

The thing looks pretty nice. So did you get the platform and the fingernail jig for the $104? That looks like a sweet deal. What some of the video's here.

http://teknatool.com/products/Other/...ing_centre.htm

I bet when you figure it out you'll like it.

I had one...it's collecting dust somewhere
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

I had one and it ended up in the garbage! If you can, I'd say return it and invest in a wolverine setup. Or make your own.
    "We the People ........"

Yes Steve, The NOVA sharpening center is correct.

I got it on Amazon for $93 Josh, thanks for the links. I too thought it looked like a great concept and price tiboot. Coming from a cheesy home jig to this it quite the undertaking. If I got a simple explanation as to what does what and statements like you must remove platform before using finger jig would be helpful. While it does seem like common sense on some level some of it is impractical and time consuming. Even the little setup to loosen and tighten the jig arm in and out doesnt seem to work properly . I may end up sending it back..I get the 45 days to check it out and will see if I can makes heads or tails. I will say the finger jig was light years ahead of my homemade setup and did a good job after I took the whole assembly apart.

Josh those directions are the ones I received. As you see there are no directions as to how to put it together . The only thing assembled is the frame and top plate. I realize again its not rocket science but nice to have validation as to what your doing. The "T-handle" to loosen and tighten the sliding arm has a simple nut underneath. This nut loosens every time you loosen the handle to move the arm, you then have to hold the nut from the bottom to tighten... this does not seem practical.
    Last edited by Michael Menzli; 03-08-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Great Michael,
    Sounds like they'll be room for a review after you figure it out.