Thread: Is anyone traveling through Phoenix heading to Kansas city anytime soon?

Is anyone traveling through Phoenix heading to Kansas city anytime soon?

Hi Everyone, I have a hot air balloon basket that I need to move from Phoenix to Kansas City sometime soon. I am going down to Owwamo this year in Branson and could pick it up there. I am happy to buy your gas and a motel room while you are on the road to the "Show Me State". The caveat to this request is that this thing is big! the dimensions are 66"w x 105"l x 52"h. It will fit in a P/U if it is laying on its side but the tailgate wont close. It weighs 476 lbs but all it needs is a few straps to hold it down.... The basket will be totally rebuilt when it gets to Kansas city so you don't have to worry about scratching it up during the trip.... for those coming with a big trailer it can sit flat on the bed if you have room. There is plenty of help in Phoenix to help load it... IMG_1563.jpg

Thanks for the bandwidth.....

Michael

I would also check with Uship.com, but some of the shippers are scammers. They'll pick up your load and then half way there they tell you they need more money for gas, or they get to your destination and hold your shipment for ransom unless you pay them more.

They do have a feedback system so be sure to choose someone with good feedback if you choose to go through Uship.com.

Thanks for the tip Brian, I'll check them out.

Michael

Wow, I'm surprised that the baskets weigh that much!

Pretty neat!

Another option would be to just have it shipped LTL freight as long as you can get the item placed onto a pallet. If you go through a freight broker LTL freight often isn't as much as one might think. The only problem might be is some freight companies won't ship something like that would it being enclosed. Uship will probably still be the cheapest option.