Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Will Your Next Woodworking Investment Be?

I have something ordered that ought to get me in plenty of trouble. So, I expect I'll have to lay low for a while.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Since I'm in the middle of a shop rehab (new building to me, old building in terms of how it is built), and concentrating at first on the exterior, power tools are taking a back seat at the moment. My next purchase will be a Cyclone DC. I'll be ordering by the end of the month (official gloat and pictures to follow soon after) as I need to have the main body for exact dimensions as I get started on the interior, hopefully by the end of April. Maybe by the end of the year, I can save enough to get a decent starter Bandsaw. I've about decided not to go after the MM16 for my first one, but maybe an S14 for starters, but the decision is not made for sure. Who's next? Jim.

I can dream can't I?
    Last edited by Ernie Hobbs; 07-06-2006 at 11:51 AM.
    Ernie Hobbs
    Winston-Salem, NC

There is no budget left for this year and I really hope to adhere to that. The next thing that I need is a good woodworking bench. Perhaps the one from Lee Valley will make it into next year's budget.

Frank, I have seen your beatuiful new shop!! All you need to do is budget some wood and put those kewl tools to use and make yourself a beauty of a bench!

Corey

I'm happy with the new table saw and my Grizzly planer. Next is to upgrade the ancient Sears 6" Jointer. But shop rehab comes first. Replace missing windows and flooring and get a wood stove! It was 45 the other day so I spent hours in the shop running wiring for the table saw and now I have a cold to show for it.

Dust Collector and then a bigger lathe

Either a woodsucker or oneida 2hp commercial depending on my budget and how big I can build a closet in my shop. I'm busy with home repairs for the next couple of months so I'll have time to save money.

I'd like my next purchase to be a DJ-20, preferably used and at a good price. Anyone know where to find one of those in GA or close to it?

-Adrian

I'll be adding an MM16 at the beginning of April. Really looking forward to that after recently spending many hours resawing 10" 8/4 hard maple for 1/2" drawer sides for a bedroom dresser on my 14"saw.

Brad

The wood side of my shop is pretty complete. I've been looking at a DRO for my milling machine.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I pretty much have all I need the tools I need...I guess some nice lumber and a few books for inspiration and to learn a little more...
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Sandpaper

So far this season I have bought a Delta bandsaw, lathe, and air filter. I have also bought a Ryobi drill and a Porter Cable 330 sander. That doesn't count some cherry and maple. The only thing that I can now afford is a few sheets of sandpaper.

An 8" jointer, a cast iron router table top to put on a cabinet I build, a belt sander, an oscillating sander, a Bosch or PC router set, a "Normite" set of handplanes, scrapers and such. And as much more of that wood stuff as I can get my hands on one way or another.
    Dave in Flowery Branch, GA

This past month I'm in the process of finalizing my shop! Put the General Millenium Edition Model 650-T50-M2 on the HTC mobile base. Ordered the Mini Max MM16 which should be in soon! Getting all the parts and pieces in order to DC drive the Legacy 1200 Ornamental Milling Machine . And just today ordered the Leigh D4 with some goodies...Still need to get the ductwork in place for the Oneida 2hp Component before making some serious sawdust...There is a twinkling of light at the end of the tunnel!!...Now I'll need to build the shop fund back up!
    Even an old blind sow gets an acorn once in a while!