Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Your Next Woodworking Investment Be?

What Will Your Next Woodworking Investment Be?

Just curious what all of you are consideirng outfitting your shops with next? Since I just upgraded to a new table saw, I think my next purchase will either be a new router ( I have 3 Craftsman, 1 of which I love). I am thinking of either the Dewalt DW618 or the Hitachti M12VC. Also serously considering getting the Kreg K2000 pocket hole set. The more I read on this and see photos etc., this is fast becoming a want for me.
    Ok, your turn!
    Corey

Well, Corey, since my 1940's Craftsman 6"X48" belt sander just ate a bearing, I think a new one is in my near future. I don't know if I can find the parts to fix this old iron although I'd prefer to restore it.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

I just received my Hitachi M12VC last week to dedicate to a table. I'm looking at investing in the Woodpecker lift and table, building the mobile router cabinet (been getting great ideas from Tim Morton's thread), along with a long overdue dust collector.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Guess it's time to break down and buy some wood. So far I've scavenged, reclaimed, bought rough sawn at the right price, and have been given alot of wood. Time to anty up and pay for some red elm.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

My air compressor is on it's last breath......been a good little unit I bought back in 1987, it's built 10 homes, probably 40 decks and a pile of finish work, not bad for an oil less.....so I am shopping around for a quieter unit.....This will leave me with a good 3.5 h.p. electric motor......But what I really want is a bigger jointer with a spiral cutter head so the jury is out on which will come to the shop this year.

Festools!

First on my list is filling out my Festool collection. I have some odds and ends and I am just now ordering the rest of the tools so I can do all the neat things that John Lucas illustrates so well on www.woodshopdemos.com. It's a pretty big investment, but I'm convinced it is worth every cent. I have no workshop for several months each summer at our cabin near Flagstaff, AZ. The Festool system will be an interesting way to resolve that problem with a portable workshop. In the Fall I'm planning to get a Performax 22/44 Drum Sander for my home shop. Then I'll be out of space to put stuff - again! Funny - I keep a list of tools I want to acquire, and it never gets smaller.

Although not real high on my list of priorities, the next *major* investment would be to replace my lunchbox planer for a "real" one. Probably a good quality 15" would be just fine.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

With the completion of my new shop in view......my next investment will be my first bandsaw.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Festools for me too. I need the CT22 and a handful of sanders. I'm expecting Mr. UPS Man to leave a Systainer for me tomorrow with an OF1400 in it.

I don't really need any new power tools (I can't believe I'm saying that), but I seem to be spending a lot of money on hand tools, especially chisels. I ordered two LN chisels (1/8 and 1/4) and will probably order a few more of them. I also need a few carving chisels to make my letter carving experience a little smoother. And then there is that chair shaping I have to do so I need either an adz, scorp, compass plane and travisher or an angle grinder.
    Dennis

I am thinking that things will trickle in in the form of additional hand tools and various little accessories as needed. Nothing big. No room and "other" major cash outflows take precidence this year.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I am in the process of upgrading my cu300smart to some new blue goodies =).

Whats next.

Well I am out of room. So I suppose I need to buy a
    building. Then........ I will get one of these.
    Soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

I will be getting some Henry Taylor Carving chisels and gouges.

Brian

(been getting great ideas from Tim Morton's thread)
    Just remember I'm winging it and I have NO idea what I'm doing...other than that take all the idea's you want

I can't think of anything I need right now....I want a bandsaw, I keep checking the classifieds. But other than that I think I have all the tools I need. I am however thinking about a sanding station and a dado blade. So those may be my nnext 2 purchases.