Thread: Ufo-101

Ufo-101

Anybody have any experience with a UFO-101 Dust Collector? A woodshop in CT is liquidating and they have one made by KUFO. A google search came up with two manufacturers of the UFO-101, one being made by SECO and the other Sun Hill Machinery? Are these all the same DC? Does $150 sound reasonable?

SECO would be the manufacturer. One of our local Jet/Powermatic/General dealers also caries the SECO product line. The KUFO stuff is typical Chinese machinery, no better or worse than others. Assuming the DC is what you want CFM and filtration wise then the KUFO is probably fine. As for $150 it depends on the model, I'm not familiar with a UFO-101, care to post some specs?

The little I can offer for specs is what was on the machine - 2HP, 1182 CFM, 5" diameter port, 5.25cuft capacity.... A little more online investigating revealed that SECO is the manufacturer....
    Last edited by Todd Davidson; 03-24-2005 at 1:36 PM.

Cost new for a 'name' brand of that capacity is slightly more than $300 (with standard bags). Depending on condition, a good, but not great deal.

Lars~

The bags would need to be replaced with something <5 mic. The shop is also willing to throw in as much of the couple hundred feet of duct as I want - much never installed.