Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another compressor problem

A wild idea, what could I break if I drained the oil then ran about 80 pounds of compressed air through the oil filler hole
    You can easily force more oil past the rings by doing that....

A little oil lowing past the rings and into the tank isn't anything unusual on an older compressor.
    They sell a seperator you can plumb into your air line to remove it.
    It also happens to a lot of portables if/when they get tipped over on their sides during transport.

Just keep a sharp eye on the oil level and watch for traces of oil/water mix (white gunk) when you drain the tank.

Thanks for the ideas, I don't think installing the ball valve had anything to do with it as I was able to do it without having to turn it on it side just role it a few feet from the wall. It might have been going on for a while and just noticed it. I never change the line pressure and the unloader vents over the line psi gauge and noticed it when I adjusted the line pressure after changing the valve. No noticeable oil in the line or tank. I will give your ideas a try and if those don't work I will just have to live with it for now as a new compressor is not in my budget.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Just to end this thread ( I hope ) and help any other that might have the problem. I took off the air filter and ran it through a few charges, Guess what, no more oil spray ! Guess I will order a new filter (3.29 + 9.00 shipping, that hurts ) > Thanks again for all the suggestions, I will remember them for the future.
    PS: I did try the filter first but only through one charging cycle.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott