Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New "inmproved" reci tube series - W series

Just take a block of metal, read the temp of it with an IR thermometer, and then hit it with the beam for 60 seconds. Write the new temp, old temp, and date on the block.

Re-do that every 100 hours of use.

If you suspect the tube is failing, you will be able to look back at your log and see. You can even graph the results in Excel and it will become very clear how the power changes over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Silvers View Post
    Just take a block of metal, read the temp of it with an IR thermometer, and then hit it with the beam for 60 seconds. Write the new temp, old temp, and date on the block.
    I can tell by the way I have had to lower my speed for the same material.
    Went from 15% speed for cutting down to .5%
    Didn't even need a thermometer!

Blog Entries
    Ah, not TimberBits (been spending a lot of time on IAP)... great, now the name escapes me. Very popular supplier of laserable materials, from wooden desk sets to marble, etc. The names escapes me, but I can imagine the front cover of their catalog.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 07-31-2013 at 9:19 AM.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Laserbits Dan?
    You did what !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Laserbits Dan?
    Thanks, Dave, THAT'S what I was thinking of... I could picture the blocked red and blue lettering, but the name itself escaped me.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

My gh1290 machine arrivde about a month ago supplied with the W2 RECI tube, but it packed up yesterday afternoon...so i am depressed at the moment. stopped lasering after it ran the whole day without issue, at mostly 65 % power cutting 3mm mdf. on investigation i found the laser tube completely filled up with water. so something cracked / broke inside the tube which caused this failure. in contact with Shenhui at the moment to understand how this could have happened.

Being a bit paranoid, i kept a eye on the cooling and it ran constantly around 19 degrees C so don't know what went wrong
    Shenhui SH-G1290 1200mm X 900mm 80W RECI

Quote Originally Posted by Johan de Waal View Post
    My gh1290 machine arrivde about a month ago supplied with the W2 RECI tube, but it packed up yesterday afternoon...so i am depressed at the moment. stopped lasering after it ran the whole day without issue, at mostly 65 % power cutting 3mm mdf. on investigation i found the laser tube completely filled up with water. so something cracked / broke inside the tube which caused this failure. in contact with Shenhui at the moment to understand how this could have happened.

Being a bit paranoid, i kept a eye on the cooling and it ran constantly around 19 degrees C so don't know what went wrong
    Thermal shock or damage during transit are both possible. I saw the end drop off of a new ZX1650 EFR tube last week when it was taken from it's box brand new.

best wishes

Dave
    You did what !

Received a replacement tube yesterday from RECI directly yesterday- super service from the Shenhui guys. However, this time around the tube is a Y2 tube and not W2 tube as the original. Production date on the tube is august 2013 which means it must have been manufactured in the last 2 weeks. Any ideas as to the difference between the Y- series compared to the W series? Can't seem to find anything on the website.

By the way - amazing how small the world is with companies like DHL - picked up Friday from RECI and delivered to my doorstep Tuesday morning - and I live in a one horse town...

Y series were the stop gap between the older W series and the newest Z series, Y's have a slightly higher peak power and higher nominal power but don't have the warranted stability of the Z series. Some of the earlier W8 tubes started to have problems from what I've been told.

best wishes

Dave
    You did what !

I actually made a mistake, on closer inspection I saw that the replacement tube is actually a Z2 tube . Suppose this is the latest technology then from RECI?

regards

Quote Originally Posted by Johan de Waal View Post
    I actually made a mistake, on closer inspection I saw that the replacement tube is actually a Z2 tube . Suppose this is the latest technology then from RECI?

regards
    Yup, the best RECI make

cheers

Dave
    You did what !