Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italian Bandsaws

OK, You guys got me curious so I looked around for some of these German gems. I found this nice little saw. Looks like the fence is well, slightly over built. Man you could slap heavy slabs against that for centuries and it would still work like new.

That's the sort of machine where setting up your toe out would really feel like it meant something...

ian

I imagine that fence weighs more than a lot of table saws today... Taking it off the saw would be a bit of a chore though!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Nun, das ist ein Zaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Joiner View Post
    OK, You guys got me curious so I looked around for some of these German gems. I found this nice little saw. Looks like the fence is well, slightly over built. Man you could slap heavy slabs against that for centuries and it would still work like new.

Andrew, you forgot to add that you can probably pick that baby up for less than the cost of a new Powermatic table saw

JeffD

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Duncan View Post
    Andrew, you forgot to add that you can probably pick that baby up for less than the cost of a new Powermatic table saw

JeffD
    You can still see that the top was scraped rather than ground after all these years. Tablesaw art. Dave

JeffD
    Cool, next time I'm at Woodcraft I'll grab one.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Joiner View Post
    Cool, next time I'm at Woodcraft I'll grab one.

Based on my interactions with Woodcraft employees.....if I were a betting man I'd be wager a good amount you won't find a single guy who's ever heard of Kolle

Though depending on what part of the country you live in they might try to send you to a local retailer with a slightly different spelling

JeffD

Hope the guys on the "USA made" thread don't look over here

Oh I like my Italian made band saw an awful lot. But wish it had been made-in-usa, then I would like it even better.............MM16.

That Kolle- which may be the most beautiful saw I've ever seen- was also available with a sliding table. When we talk about a "first class" saw that is the picture to post. Dave

David, I agree the Kolle is the most beautiful saw I've ever seen as well. If someone wanted the definition an overbuilt machine I'd show them that picture.

I still can't get over that frekin fence. That thing must weigh more than the average contractor saw... Anyone know what size blades that monster will take.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Grass View Post
    I thought is was apropos that when I opened the second link a picture of Mad King Ludwig's castle popped up, the person that desined the Kolle table saw in question had the same sort of mentality as Ludwig.

Ahhhh, well beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder! Nothing against the Kolle, but for my money if I were buying on looks, it would be between the Buaerle and the Wadkin PK. Two saws that are just easy on the eyes.....oh and made to work accurately for a couple of lifetimes too

Not sure how to steal a pic to post here though

JeffD