Thread: "I have a dream"!

Red face "I have a dream"!

Well, I had one anyway...really! I dreamed we moved to another house that had a large outbuilding with lots of windows....ideal shop space. The funny thing was that the bedrooms were all small and required multiple kiddies rooming together with beds crammed side by side. The bedroom floorplan all flowed throw each other to be able to reach the main part of the house. The living space was much smaller, the general flow and feel wasn't as nice, the kitchen was outdated, stairways narrow,etc., but I didn't care....I thought it was a great house! Then I woke up to face our large fairly modern 5 bedroom house with the nice layout and big rooms....bummer that the shop space is miniscule and unheated!

What's wrong with me to even dream such things, let alone be happy about it? Does this mean too much sawdust has gotten into my bloodstream? I'd be happy to seriously inconvenience my entire family just to have a nicer shop! ...Dad of year, huh?!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

strange you mention "dreams"...last night i had a drean where Tyler and his family came over to spend easter with us. Now, I picture Tyler as being maybe one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. Well in the dream he was a complete jerk. He would not join us in the house or discuss anything with the group. Just say out in his truck muttering about how crappy my family and woodshop was...*LOL*. Sorry Tyler...not sure what that all means.

When I was a kid, I used to draw house plans (no kidding) for fun, with space for all of the toys. Huge garages and workshops etc... with very limited living space.

Maybe you're reverting back to childhood I know I am, or maybe I never left.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Tim,

First, you need some therapy for dreaming about me .
    Take two Festools and call me in the morning.

Next that sounds like a nightmare.

Third my X. will agree with the jerk part. I agree sometimes.

Looking forward to meeting you. Maybe I can prove otherwise.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Dreams can be a start to reality!

Hey pal, I see a nice 24'x24' shop built onto the back of your garage! I know where you can get a strong helper, and I'm sure you could come up with the design. After all, how much could some framing lumber and nails cost.....? With all the great ideas that you could get here at the Creek, we could probably do it for about $9.00 (that's the price I always tell the LOML)!!!
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Pritchard
    Hey pal, I see a nice 24'x24' shop built onto the back of your garage! I know where you can get a strong helper, and I'm sure you could come up with the design. After all, how much could some framing lumber and nails cost.....? With all the great ideas that you could get here at the Creek, we could probably do it for about $9.00 (that's the price I always tell the LOML)!!!
    Even if I could really do the whole the thing for $9.00 (...your $9... ). the LOML would remind me that the space behind the garage is prime patio area, and that the patio project has been on my "honeydo" list for two years already! It'd be prime "dog house" space if I build a new shop there!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton
    strange you mention "dreams"...last night i had a drean where Tyler and his family came over to spend easter with us. Now, I picture Tyler as being maybe one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. Well in the dream he was a complete jerk. He would not join us in the house or discuss anything with the group. Just say out in his truck muttering about how crappy my family and woodshop was...*LOL*. Sorry Tyler...not sure what that all means.
    It must be the toxic saw dust thing! ...I think you've got it worse than me Tim!