Thread: Cyclones in So. Calif

Cyclones in So. Calif

I'm in the process of trying to decide which cyclone to buy. The brands I'm considering at this point in time are: Oneida, Woodsucker, and a Bill Pentz designed unit (Clearvue, etc.). Before I buy I would really like to see and hear each one as I'm concerned about too much noise and I would like to see the fit and finish and get first hand opinions if possible. Does anyone have one of these units that I could check out (would most likely have to be on a weekend)? I live in Orange County but would be willing to drive to your home or shop to see it. Thanks in advance. Jim

Jim,

I live in Laguna and have the Oneida 2 HP....You are welcome to PM and let me know what works for you,
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

SD Cyclone

Hello,

I live in San Diego and built the Bill Pentz design. Let me know if you are interested.

Jay

jayalbrandt@hotmail.com

please post your results

based on your review, could you please post your decision/results on the great cyclone hunt... I need to make this step, but can't seem to make the hard choices and any input would be most appreciated!!
    thanks so much!
    Hal

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Hanevik
    based on your review, could you please post your decision/results on the great cyclone hunt... I need to make this step, but can't seem to make the hard choices and any input would be most appreciated!!
    thanks so much!
    Hal
    I haven't made any headway on the selection process yet. I'll be glad to keep the list posted on whatever thoughts develop. I have to come to grips with the fact that I'm going to have to spend some real $ to get a real system. I have a cyclone already that I built and it is built ahead of my 2 hp import system. It uses 4" flex hose and works quite well, actually. I want to take the next step and add an overhead collection point to my table saw. I'm not sure that the 2 hp unit would be enough. I tried to load a picture of my current system, but I keep getting a message that my file is too large. I'll try again later. Jim