Thread: Where to find mdf?? Big box store

Where to find mdf?? Big box store

I am trying to find 3mm and 6mm mdf at a big box store (lowes, menards or home depot - all within 15 mins of me). If you get your supplies from them could you PM me the barcode number on the item? I have only found 2'x4' sheet of 1/4in mdf at HD for around $5.50. I usually use masonite (hardboard used for clipboards) but it is very oily and would prefer to use 1/8in mdf.

Thank you.
    60W GCC Spirit GX
    Inventor 2011
    Corel Draw x5
    Indiana

Here's the 3mm stuff from Home Depot. Cuts like a charm.

mdf.jpg
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Griffith View Post
    Here's the 3mm stuff from Home Depot. Cuts like a charm.

mdf.jpg
    You've got 3mm at your store? My local one (Yorba Linda) hasn't stocked it in months.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Costa Mesa on Harbor and Wilson. It's the only one around that I find metric.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Griffith View Post
    Costa Mesa on Harbor and Wilson. It's the only one around that I find metric.
    Mine has 6mm, 12mm, and 18mm...sort of: the odd bit is, the tag on the material itself says 1/4", 1/2", and 3/4", the shelf tags say 0.236", 0.472", 0.708". And of course they usually measure out some multiple of 0.24".
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.