Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another dc ?

What is the best way to transition between spiral,crimp, hose, and S&D?

Pardon me for asking this on your post Erin, but you will probably run into this too.

No prob!! I went to Menards tonight and they had only 8" sheet metal pipe, no fittings. Limited 6" stuff also. Would what they call STD Gage work if I used 2' sections? This way it won't be so weak.

As far as s&d pipe I have yet to find any 8x8x6 wyes, and or saddles.

Anyone feel free to keep this thread alive!!!

Erin

Dc update

Tonight I just got about 100' of 7" duct free from my dad. It's seem to be about 24 or 26 Gage. I'm going to try and incorporate this in my system. Any thoughts from anyone how far I can go with it? It would be nice to use as much as possible.

Erin

Erin, I would try it, especially for all your other tools. You may want a little larger duct for the WBS. If your fan surges or you get a lot of carryover, you can put a bleed in the system to bring in a little more air for the fan and cyclone.

Im going to try it! I also have about 10' of 8" to throw in there. Hopefully this will work and with save me some money along the way.

Erin

I find a crimping tool very handy. And sometimes have to hammer out crimps on an existing piece. After you have had your system for a while, and you need to change things, you find you have a few extra parts, and I just use them if possible.