Thread: Octopus with three legs

Octopus with three legs

It is walnut, inside is dyed with fabric paint, inner bottom textured with ball-burr
    138 X 97 mm
    The object is not yet complete. I do not know if I will modify, but I think putting gilding wax
    on the textured portion. I also thought dying the outside ...
    But I like it as well
    Then I show it as well
    I wish you good turnings, Lionel.
    0883.jpg0884-solo.jpg0886.jpg

Blog Entries
    WOW, that is just amazing. I really like the form and color contrast you've done. It has a very fluid form that begs the question, How?
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Lionel, I love waiting for your posts!!! Your imagination surpasses all but a few and I think it's amazing!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

very nice, thanks for sharing

Once again I am amazed at what you turning guys do and I am always left wondering how you do it! Thanks for sharing.

Very Cool and most imaginative.
    faust

Very neat Lionel. I could almost identify it as one of your turnings! I always have to take a look at my metric ruler to appreciate the size of the work you do.

Interesting and beautiful piece.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Lionel very well done! I love the form and the texturing inside!

looks steam bent?
    Steve knight
    cnc routing

Lionel, this one is very different! I assume you bleached it - almost looks spalted in the pic. Very interesting form, too, and I bet in person it has a nice feel to it. Excellent work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Smith View Post
    I always have to take a look at my metric ruler to appreciate the size of the work you do.
    Baxter, I still have trouble with the metric system, but have become used to making rough guesstimates by using 25mm=one inch. Gets me close enough. That puts this one just under 5.5" tall - much less than one would think!

Hello all
    First, thank you for your kindly comments.
    To answer Bill, it is a vase with two corollas in which I cut what you see, basically it is easier than one thinks
    Yes John, it's spalted but I didn't bleach it. It's a poor walnut who grew too fast and he's pale as a turnip

but, I've not got any answer about the future...what's your mind about the use of gilding wax ?
    in order to help, I join a picture with an experiment...if I use that, can I let the outside natural ?
    Thanks for the answer(s), Lionel IMG_0959.JPG

Lionel, if you put gold "in" the textured dots, and redo the black somehow, it would leave an interesting effect - similar to what you have, but with more glitz!

Or, fade the gold up the sides. But, I think it needs to be black on at least the upper portion of the inside of the "legs".

14. Lionel, what an interesting idea, never would have thought of that and the texturing is pretty cool.

Lionel, you are getting adventuresome! rather cool!!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe