Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Track saws...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Well, I just got mine. Packaging looks perfect, but the 8' track is not there, nor is it on their form as backordered. Next stop Amazon.

Rick Potter
    You just never know with them. It might be coming separately. When I got my TS years ago, the fence arrived eagle freight with an invoice for the entire thing and a signature line that required me to sign that shipment was complete.

Because it wasn't something that would break me and the driver is helpful (he's delivered several things to me and gone out of his way to be really helpful), I signed anyway and then called amazon. Took a couple of days to get the rest of the TS and they had no clue where it was.

Indian CS agents could only tell me to ship it back to them (despite the fact that I didn't have it) and get a full refund, and the US side said they were not allowed to talk on the phone via customer service. Persistence paid off and they eventually found the other parts of my package, and confirmed they were already in transit just didn't get delivered with the fence for some reason. I was a little peeved I had to take two separate days off of work to get one TS.

So don't be surprised if the stuff comes separately, regardless of what the paperwork says.

In fact I think a few other people have said that their tracks came via Fedex and the saw came via freight.

I had to reschedule delivery from tomorrow morning, hoping it will come today if not tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed the long rail is OK.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

CEVA just called to schedule their portion of mine - they said they'd gladly leave it (no signature needed) as long as I left a note stating I wanted it left.

There's a good chance you give up rights to claim damage if you do that.

Good news!

I called Amazon, talked to a nice lady named Barb in North Dakota, and she told me that my order was not split up. She also said they had no more in stock, but she would contact DeWalt and see if she could get me the 102" track I was shorted.

Half an hour later she called and told me she got one, and it would be shipped overnight, arriving here tomorrow.

That's customer service.

Rick Potter

Picked mine up at Woodcraft. Fortunately, the rail was fine, though the packaging had taken a hit. Not fun driving home with what looked like a pole vault pole.

I usually write a note on the delivery order specifying that there is damage. I don't think you give up your rights if you do that.

I've found Amazon customer service to be great, so not surprised.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I got the 3000mm Festool rail for Christmas and had no damage. It was shipped from the Festool warehouse. It is packaged in a wooded box so they would have to be really abusive to bend it.

anyone got the number for CEVA? amazonsupply.com claims that they left a voice mail for me... except i didn't get any call!

Frank,
    The number is 856-241-4400. Hope it all arrives in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    anyone got the number for CEVA? amazonsupply.com claims that they left a voice mail for me... except i didn't get any call!

thanks, i scheduled a drop off for tomorrow. we'll see how it goes...

I love how this deal has all of us so giddy. ha ha

and spawned a near EPIC thread!!! woot

I can't believe [deals on] tools make you guys so giddy. So immature. *

I received all 3 pieces of mine yesterday through CEVA if great shape. Thanks to OP frank.
    Tim