Thread: Rikon 10-350?

Rikon 10-350?

I thought this was the bandsaw forum? Where is the discussion of the new Rikon 10-350 ?
    http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/r...l-bandsaw.aspx

My initial thoughts are the Laguna 14SUV looks better for a similar price: it weighs 40lbs more and has Laguna guide which I have heard are good. All other specs look similar. Usually Rikon provides good value. I wonder if the street price will drop quickly?

Comments?
    Salem

The 3hp version is $1799 according to Rikon. I have to question the sales strategy on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Salem Ganzhorn View Post
    I thought this was the bandsaw forum? Where is the discussion of the new Rikon 10-350 ?
    http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/r...l-bandsaw.aspx

My initial thoughts are the Laguna 14SUV looks better for a similar price: it weighs 40lbs more and has Laguna guide which I have heard are good. All other specs look similar. Usually Rikon provides good value. I wonder if the street price will drop quickly?

Comments?
    Salem

I confirmed that price at Highland's website.

I just can't respect that as an intro price; I think I will pass. Or buy a laguna just to send a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Frontera dela Cruz View Post
    The 3hp version is $1799 according to Rikon. I have to question the sales strategy on this one...

I have Rikon's 14" Deluxe bandsaw and for the price consider it a great saw. I agree that the intro price for the new "Pro" version is too high given their target market. Rikon will either get the message quickly or not. I would consider one of the Grizzly 19" saws. You'll get a little bit "beefier" saw for less money. I have several Grizzly tools and love them - their customer service is the best out there. Their 19" bandsaws get decent reviews given what I've seen on this board and elsewhere. I would have bought one of their bandsaws but got a crazy good deal on a new Rikon a few years ago -

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Long View Post
    I have Rikon's 14" Deluxe bandsaw and for the price consider it a great saw. I agree that the intro price for the new "Pro" version is too high given their target market. Rikon will either get the message quickly or not. I would consider one of the Grizzly 19" saws. You'll get a little bit "beefier" saw for less money. I have several Grizzly tools and love them - their customer service is the best out there. Their 19" bandsaws get decent reviews given what I've seen on this board and elsewhere. I would have bought one of their bandsaws but got a crazy good deal on a new Rikon a few years ago -
    That would likely be my choice as well if I were in the market. For that kind of coin I'd want to be able to run a wider band and/or carbide like a trimaster. I know there are 1/2" carbide tipped bands but I'd still prefer a larger diameter wheel. I guess the market will determine how good an idea this is.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 04-06-2012 at 7:58 AM.

Overpriced. Needs to come in at $1100 or maybe $1200 street price WITH a 3hp motor.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.