Thread: Great service, as usual, from LL Bean

Blog Entries

Smile Great service, as usual, from LL Bean

I have been wearing a New Balance cross trainer sneaker from LL Bean for at least 5 years. They wear well, lasting 6-9 months of frequent use. However the last pair I got were never comfortable so I didn't use them very much. Finally after 6 months I called LL Bean & explained the issue. Absolutely no problem, they said send them back & we'll send you a new pair. My old shoe had been discontinued (possibly for that reason) so they are sending me a new pair . As usual great service from LL Bean
    Dennis

In my opinion that is one reason LLBean has stayed in business. I know there are a lot of items which I will only buy there or there are items which I will buy there because I know they will back them up. I had a zipper break on a backpack 20 years ago and brought it in just wanting to know how I could pay to get it fixed or if they would do it and they wouldn't let me walk out of there without a new backpack...I wasn't looking for that but they took care of me.

I remember in college I bought a bag from them and it was too big so I was hoping that I could overload it, break it and then have to go buy a new bag but no matter how much I tried I couldn't get the bag to budge so I just gave in and kept using it. They do make good quality stuff and anything else they sell they back up.

Have you been to the store in Freeport? It's fun to go in the middle of the night and see that people are actually in there shopping...

I love shopping Bean at night! They are a great company to deal with. I used to buy my jeans from there religiously. They are about what you get when you get jeans anywhere else. However, I can call and give them my name and they tell me what style size etc. I usually order and ship them out.
    We buy a lot of school clothes and backpacks from Bean both at the clearance outlet in Portland as well as the Freeport store.
    Customer service has always been outstanding in every way when we have issues or returns.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Blog Entries
    LL Bean is one of our favorite stores. Everybody in the family likes their clothes.

Quality stuff, Reasonably priced, Great Customer Service.

PHM

Do a search on Youtube for LL Bean videos. Very interesting how much product they move in one day.
    A pair of their USA made boots are on my list when my storm chasers give out.

Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_t5spwDpl0
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I have been to the store many of times while living in Mass. My story is here living in Seattle, had a zipper get snagged so bad had to cut it out of there luggage. We said we needed it fixed and where to send it. The guy didnt say much but it might cost something. Few weeks later got a brand new one in the mail. It was maybe 4 years old already but they still sell them.
    My dads friend who was a hunting guide in Maine he new one of the owners or the owner and he used to send the guide boots and other stuff to field test all the time.
    Pretty cool store and business.

[QUOTE=Dave Lehnert;1921573]Do a search on Youtube for LL Bean videos. Very interesting how much product they move in one day.
    A pair of their USA made boots are on my list when my storm chasers give out.

I have had a pair of their Maine hunting boots for the last 34 years, they will still be around when I am dead an gone, great product. When my husband and I got married in 2006 we went to the east coast for our honeymoon (camping ), visited the store in Freeport and got our picture in front of the big boot.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

I started shopping from LL Bean a few months ago. I am very impressed with their quality and performance.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney