Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FREE Veneer Samples to the First 25 Posts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FREE Veneer Samples to the First 25 Posts

FREE Part at the end.

I have a quantity of a couple types of veneer that you may find useful for laser engraving and also for marquetry and model making. I have been using these for awhile and find them very useful. The two types are –

12”x12” 2 sided micro veneer with a paper core, about .029 thick. This works very well for Christmas and other ornaments. It cuts quite fast and because of the paper core, the ornament remains flexible and will bend without breaking. I can get an average of 9 ornaments on a sheet with an average time of about a minute for each ornament. (this is with my 45W Helix) You can make complex ornaments that would be very difficult with ply or solid wood. (FWIW I’ve been laser cutting ornaments for over 10 years) If the wood is too dark for your taste in ornaments, you can easily spray them gold, silver or any other color to get the look you like. I attached a photo to show this.

This 2 side veneer has other uses – you can use it as mat board and cut openings for photos or artwork, ready for framing. The natural wood makes a beautiful mat. Also, try it for bookmarks with fancy fretwork to decorate the top. Model makers can use this in a variety of ways for making structures of any type.

On thing I want to mention – this veneer cuts very well but, it doesn’t raster all that well. You can do it but it requires a lot of care since the veneer is very thin. On ornaments that I make that have custom names I found that using a stencil font is far superior to rastering the name. So, if you raster a lot on your ornaments, this may not be the best product for you. But in my experience, most of the ornaments I do are only vector cut.

The second type of veneer I have is 4.5”x18” micro veneer with PSA, about .014 thick. This is also useful for laser engravers, marquetry and parquetry artists and model makers. This comes in a variety of species and colors. Most of the colors are dyed Mahogany but also have some Maple and Oak. You can apply this to a substrate such as matboard or cheap BB ply and you have a beautiful finished product. This is wrapped in packs of 50 sheets.

Now the FREE part – I will send some free samples to the FIRST 25 posters to this listing. I will take a couple sheets of the 2 sided veneer and each color of the PSA veneer I have and put in a 9x12 envelope. I will have to cut the 12x12 to fit but if I cut it at 8” it will still work fine for ornaments. I will cut the micro veneer in half. I hope that if you get a chance to try this, you’ll like it.

If you have any questions you can send me a PM but if you want the FREE samples you have to post a reply to this message. I will send you a PM to get your mailing address.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SawmillCreek.org
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    45W Epilog Helix
    Corel X4, Photoshop CS3
    Sherline 4400 lathe
    JET 1221 Lathe
    JET 1014 Lathe
    Craftman 36" VS lathe

Count me in! Thanks!!

Me too. Thanks!!!

Add me please!
    Thanks
    Pinnacle(Mercury) 40W , Epilog Legend 24 TT,Geo Knight Heat Press ,Geo Knight Cup Press, CorelDrawX4,Ricoh GX7000 and more!!!!!!!!!!!

Please add me too Thanks!

Blog Entries
    please add me.

thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add me to the list. Thanks.

Please ad me to the list.

Add me to thanks

Count me in. Thanks for the offer...
    Billy

Never mind...

I'm in - thanks!

Sounds great! I am in.

Thank you very much for your generosity.

James

Wow Jeff! That is really nice of you.

I'd love the opportunity to try some . . .

Best,

jeff
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Wow, what a generous offer!
    Count me in!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?