Been slowly acclimating the "Vanilla" to it's new surroundings. All the big logs are still sitting in the corner mocking me, but they can wait.

Finished up a batch of styluseses, er, stylii. These work with the new tablets, iPads, smartphones, etc, etc. Took some to church a couple weeks ago and got several requests. Just got the new combo pen/stylus kit (in pink, to match the lathe... ), and threw in a circuit board pen into the photo, that's been laying on my bench for months.

Stylii1.jpg

Also finished one of the laser inlay kits I've got laying around...

Eagle1.jpg

Lastly, been working on a chunk of hickory crotch for a while. Thought I had it about where I wanted it - a natural edge fondue bowl!

WIP-Hick1.jpg

But after I finished sanding I parted it off and brought it over for some WOP. Outside applied OK, but the inside suddenly shows a bunch of sanding marks that were invisible before the poly was applied. Took another shot at resanding the inside bottom, then tried another coat - I only made it worse! The picture doesn't show the general problem. The bottom is convex - there's a slight hump in the middle, plus one by that know just above center. The sanding swirls are not on the center hump, but on the floor of the bowl right before it transitions up the wall.

Because of the NE, and overall shape of the bowl, it's really difficult to get my drill sander or sandmaster in there, and there's no room for knuckles either. Any ideas on how I can resand the inside of this thing?? The bowl is just over 6" diameter, 3" high, and has about a 3.75" opening.

WIP-Hick2.jpg

Thanks for looking!