Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget friendly mitre saw stand

I liked this one so much I bought two of them:
    http://www.sears.com/craftsman-10-39...p-00922304000P

It's on sale right now for $89.00

I bolt my tools to a plywood base which can then be clamped to the stand.

It really is a universal stand.
    I mount all my benchtop tools on a plywood base so i can use them on the stand.
    If you real all the reviews, the only negative thing people say about it is that it's heavy.
    Heavy is a good thing, IMHO.
    I cut the legs down 6" on the second one I bought so it's more comfortable to use sitting down.
    I have the Dremel drill press and router table attachments mounted on plywood bases I use for hobby stuff where sitting down tto use them is easier.
    I also have a blank piece of 3/4" plywood ~ 2'x 3' that I put on it and use it for a reloading station.

The stand itself has very good in and outfeed support. W/the wings extended you can get nearly 10' of good support on either side.
    The only single drawback the stand has, other than being a Craftsman, is that it takes a bit of fiddling around to attach a stop block to it.

Best of all - it folds up into a very compact unit for storage/transport.
    I can't say enough good about ir.

wheels help out so much...

Yep wheels rock.
    The legs/wheels on the Craftsman are splayed out to thee side and you have to wobble the stand along instead of roll it when it's open.
    One of these days when I get around to it, I'm going to mount a 10" pneumatic wheel between the legs so it can be moved like a wheel barrow.
    I have the wheel (Harbor Freight $4.99 on sale).
    All I need is the ambition & a threaded rod for an axle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    I liked this one so much I bought two of them:
    http://www.sears.com/craftsman-10-39...p-00922304000P

(snip)
    I have this same stand under the Wolfcraft label (bought it at Menard's). I've been happy with it. I think I paid $79 for it, but it works well with my 12" DeWalt slider for the amount I use it.

The support wings extend out quite far, and have height adjustments on them so you can account for any intrinsic droopiness or any sag from putting heavier material on the wings.

The wheels are pretty much worthless, except for rolling the folded up stand into a vehicle.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

pneumatic wheels are the best part of the expensive bosch miter saw stand i bought last year.

here's something that made me think of you, jeff:

http://ana-white.com/2012/04/plans/miter-saw-cart

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    here's something that made me think of you, jeff:

http://ana-white.com/2012/04/plans/miter-saw-cart
    Thanks Frank, that looks like a sweet stand. Yesterday I ordered the Denali stand from Amazon, got free shipping and I had a $50 amazon card, so it was a pretty easy decision. Less than $50.00 to my door I couldnt pass it up.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Monson View Post
    I'm looking for an inexpensive mitre saw stand that will fit my Hitachi 10" mitre saw. I have this saw at our
    lake cabin, so please recemmond something that works, that does not cost an arm and a leg. I have looked at the Dewalt stand for $199.00, was hoping for something not that expensive. Not looking for a miracle tool for nothing, as I only use this saw a few times a year.
    Check cl for dewalt stands. They had some buy a miter saw, get a stand free offers recently, so there are some stands on cl which people did not want.

can't beat a miter saw stand for $50!

I just bought one of the Craftsman stands online for pickup and padded the order to get it up to $100 with some misc stuff. Its on sale right now for $84.95 but with the padding and code APRILSAVING it dropped it to $72.24. The sale ends today but the coupon code $15 off $100 is good till the 14th.

I know this is about being budget conscious, but at approx. $300, the folding one from Makita is both versatile and user friendly. The pretapped holes would allow for any brand of miter saw to be bolted down using a simple piece of 1/2 " ply as the transition piece. Excellent pull out extensions make it job-site ready. No regrets having purchased one a few years back. Greg

+1 on the Ryobi stand. Beefy, simple, cheap.

How about the Home Depot Miter SUV. I have one and it is quite rugged.

If wheels are not a must, The skill stand goes on sale at Lowe's often for $99. A plus for it is, The saw mount is easily removable. So the saw is off in about 10 seconds.

Jeff,

I got the Denali you asked about around 2 years ago. Coincidentally I have a 10" Hitachi that I use on it. I've only used it a few times but wouldn't hesitate on purchasing another if I needed it. It provides a solid base and is actually quite well made, especially considering the price.
    I do it right, cause I do it twice.