Thread: Anyone Using Hydrocote Resisthane?

Anyone Using Hydrocote Resisthane?

Anyone using this product, especially on kitchens? It appears to have similar burn in properties to Target EM6000, higher durability, and a much lower cost.

I have not used this product. One thing I noticed... It does not have KCMA certification. Most of the top of the line water-borne finishes will be KCMA tested and approved. KCMA= Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Assoiciation.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

According to Highland Woodworking's site it does:

Once cured, it's so tough that it is approved by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer's Association, whose standards define the best commercial finishes.
    http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/h...plusquart.aspx

Great find Matt, I will be curious to see if there are any users here. The cost is very attractive, if the durability is there.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.