Thread: Ever hide tools from your wife??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ever hide tools from your wife??

Its a sickness - I keep dragging home equipment that has pretty questionable need. Maybe there is a support and recovery group for it.

The latest is this line boring/hinge press machine. I pulled the trigger on it for $200, since I have some bookcases and cabinets to do and find drilling the shelf holes tedious. Figure I can use it, resell it if I want (of course I never actually resell anything - just collect), and come out cheaper than a fixture (I have a homemade shelf pin guide - but this thing will give some satisfaction, pneumatics and all).

Its going to take up shop space for most of the time, and my shop is getting full (Im just a hobbiest - not a production shop). And I know I am going to get at least one eyebrow raised when the wife unit sees it. But in general she never comes out to the shop, so am thinking I will just push it in a corner never to be noticed - until after the new bathroom vanity is done complete with a nicely spaced row of shelf pin holes in at least a couple places..... (I joke - kinda - she is very supportive and Im not out blowing our mortgage or anything - but at a minimum she might be overdue for some nice earrings.... or a bracelet....... )

Obligatory pics:

photoaaa.jpgphotoddd.jpgphotofff.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images