Thread: Need Plans- Garden Bench with no arms, but has backrest...

Need Plans- Garden Bench with no arms, but has backrest...

Recently, I built an English Garden Bench for a memorial at the local high school. Someone saw it and asked if I could build something similar, but without the arms. They want to be able to use it at a table, and be able to slide it under.

I could modify the plans some, but thought if I could find plans for a bench that was already constructed that way, I could save myself some time and experimentation with angles and bracing.

Can't find much online. There is a Siesta Garden Bench that would fit the bill, but no plans anywhere that I can find. Anyone have any assistance on this one? Thanks in advance.
    Garden Bench.jpg

You could sell them a taller table at the same time............
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

It seems like it wouldn't be all that difficult to work out plans from that photograph. Where did you get it and did they have any basic dimensions for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    You could sell them a taller table at the same time............
    All of these comedians out of work.......... and then you have to jump in........

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    It seems like it wouldn't be all that difficult to work out plans from that photograph. Where did you get it and did they have any basic dimensions for it?
    Found it here:
    http://www.4seasongreenhouse.com/sie...ch-p-3326.html

Every site that I have found this one on, is made from recycled materials. Only thing I would be concerned about would be the angle of the backrest. Could probably map out the rest.

Have enough projects on the bench and on the "to do" board, was hoping to have a set of plans to follow and make it as "brain dead" as possible.

Thanks for the replies.

So that looks reasonably straightforward. Something similar could be drawn up. I could do it for you but we should talk about it off the forum.