Thread: Sons request

Sons request

This little piece was requested by my oldest son. His best friend went to the beach a few weeks ago, and brought back a bunch of shells.Don't everyone that's not from there? Well he asked me if i'd made her a HF and incorporate one of these shells as the finial. As this was his favorite shell this is the one i used. This piece of elm i had sitting on the shelf dry just waiting to be finished, so i did. Not real sure if i like it, but he does so i guess that's what counts. thanks and as always C&C more than welcome.002 [800x600].JPG003 [800x600].JPG005 [800x600].JPG007 [800x600].JPG

Nice work pop!!! What's the lid made from? Great form...as always, and the shell was a sweet idea!.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

3. Nice gesture Steve................
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

The shell makes a great "topper" for this sweet form. Terrific idea. Curious about the collar. Made from...?
    David DeCristoforo

That's a very nice form, Steve and the finial works fine (especially if the reciever likes it). Yeah, what's the collar made of.

The finial is interesting, the HF form is very nice.

Thanks guys. The collar is just a piece of holly i had laying around. It is just painted using some white and a touch of black acrylic. Tried getting it to blend in with the shell.

Great work Dad. Really a nice piece.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful form and the shell is quite unique. I see other possibilities using shells now too. An excellent idea.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Turned out great, I'm sure your son will enjoy it. I once had a thought of casting a shell in clear resin and turning a finial out of it, with the shell being contained in the bulb of the piece. Something unique that might sit well in a beach condo. I'll have to put that on my turning bucket list now that you've reminded me.