This ad was first posted on Craigslist March 27. I thought it would be gone by now but I emailed him a few questions last night - see reply below. Any other questions I should ask if I give him a call before driving five hours? I'm thinking of making an offer that includes the extras although I had intended on going PVC for financial reasons so that would commit me to finishing it with spiral. I've been thinking of getting the 1800 for a while now. Any suggestions on what to offer for the whole shebang?

I guess a more important question is if I should settle for this rather than the 1800 (or, say, a 3hp Oneida unit.) We have a small shop where my wife and I produce mostly boxes (hamiltonroberts.com) and we very often are running two machines - say a 6x48 belt sander and trying (mostly unsuccessfully!) to collect dust at a "sanding box". Or using the TS and jointer or...well you get the idea. Constantly jumping on and off all the machines although we are trying to limit it to running one at a time. We currently have an old first generation Grizzly single-stage with felt bags that SEEMED to do a decent job but after getting into to all this DC stuff here (and Pentz of course) I now know that we've been breathing WAY too much dust the last 30 years. It probably runs 4-8 hours a day. Ultimately will be replacing 4" PVC with 6" and try to run 6" to each machine. Longest reach is about 25'-30'. We have an air cleaner, 3M 7500 respirators and a new Dust Deputy on shopvac (slick!). Hope I'm not asking too much for one post. Thanks in advance!

========= Ad =============
Downsizing my wood shop and have no room now for this super dust collector. My loss is your gain!

ClearVue Cyclone Dust Collector:
5hp (220v, single phase) ClearVue Cyclone 14" system including motor, mount, two filters, clean-out box, slick cyclone-tub joint and plastic gates. All you need is the collecting tub w/top!

The ClearVue cyclone w/filters is normally priced new with shipping at just over $1600 with buyer building the mounts and clean-out box. Plastic gates are extra. Asking $1100 complete w/filters, mount, clean-out box, cyclone-tub joint and plastic gates.

Commercial grade steel ducting (including elbows) and flex-hose is also available (both 5" and 6"). Some 6" metal ducting/gate is not shown. Price on ducting is negotiable depending on what you need to complete your dust collection system.
--------- Reply to my email ---------
This ClearVue is one of the originals. I believe it's now called a 1400. It has a 14" impeller and does have the 5 hp Leeson motor. The 1800 has a 15" impeller. Unless you are running several machines simultaneously, the 14" will do fine.

Also available:
12' of spiral 6" ducting that includes a metal gate.
4-90 degree elbows and one 45 degree
2 6" wyes (One of these is thinner pipe-heat ducting)
In addition:
25' of 6" flex hose and about 10' of 5"
6 plastic 6" ducts.

======= Our main machines in order of usage =====
1956 Atlas Clausing TS (needs top collection system)
Jet 6x48 belt/12" disk sander
Grizzly 8" jointer
Finish sanders (2nd worst to collect from)
Ridgid 13" planer
JDS Multi-Router (impossible machine to collect from)
Rikon 14" BS
Dewalt router by hand, not table. It's the one with the hollow column for dust - actually works pretty well.