Keith, you mentioned that you were looking at utilizing the CNC router more versus the laser engraver with a new methodology. I'm assuming you are looking at cutting the Romark plastic out with the router versus laser cutting but I wasn't sure. Can you summarize? I was looking at some ADA standards the other day and didn't see reference to chamfering the raised text but maybe I wasn't on the right web site. I remember reading that it was supposed to have a 30 deg bevel. There is the federal government working hard for you - this chamfering of raised text is a big change of procedure for many sign makers and it isn't the most trivial thing to do. I can't believe it adds a lot to the feel of the letters for the few blind folks who use it.

I'm considering adding a laser at some time but was only going to use it for detail work like logos. Based on my work so far, the detail is limited using router bits given the small real estate available on an ADA sign. I wouln't need such beast as the Speedy 300 if all I was doing was a smaller part of the sign and maybe some of the exit sign work. Given the reduced requirements for laser cutting this makes it more possible for me to add this additional piece of equipment (ie less initial expenditure).