Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Remove bugs and bees from my property

Ray - often. If you have a car that sits for a while anywhere, even a few days, and there are paper wasps around, you might find them in it. Gas tank cover, at the door openings front and back.

What color were the wasps, were they the brown type, or were they yellow? We have the brown ones around here, but I've seen a lot of videos of a certain person on youtube who has a bunch of junk cars that he drives around on a farm and beats up before junking them, and he's always fighting "bees" as he calls them, but they're a yellowish paper wasp that looks almost like a yellowjacket but not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    Ray - often. If you have a car that sits for a while anywhere, even a few days, and there are paper wasps around, you might find them in it. Gas tank cover, at the door openings front and back.

What color were the wasps, were they the brown type, or were they yellow? We have the brown ones around here, but I've seen a lot of videos of a certain person on youtube who has a bunch of junk cars that he drives around on a farm and beats up before junking them, and he's always fighting "bees" as he calls them, but they're a yellowish paper wasp that looks almost like a yellowjacket but not quite.
    the first ones that I saw went under the hood and I thought that they was yellow jackets until I found the nest with the wasp on it

Yeah, at least they're less likely to sting you than a yellowjacket, but they will sting to protect their nests, and their stings really hurt.

My dad caught "tick" fever a few years ago and I bought some insecticide called Tempo SC Ultra at a chemical company. I sprayed around his house and there were no visible sign of bugs of any type around for nearly a month. I think the label said it was effective about two weeks. I don't know if they make it anymore or if it is legal where you live but it does work. It also doesn't stain so you can use it in the house as well unless they have changed it. I have literally seen bugs fly over the treated area and drop to the ground dead immediately after application so, if you choose to try this, be careful!! I always wear a protective mask when I spray it.