Thread: Google Chrome ?

Google Chrome ?

Usually use Chrome for a browser on my iPad. Today when I bring up SMC I get the opening forum page, clicking on anything else (new posts, etc.) just brings up a blank page. SMC works fine on Safari. The rest of the sites I visit on Chrome are fine. I've made no changes to Chrome settings (that I'm aware of). I rebooted the iPad. Nada. I can't even log out of SMC, just brings up the blank page. Any one else experiencing difficulty using Chrome? It's worked ok until today. I haven't tried using the Mac yet.
    Reality continues to ruin my life!

Blog Entries
    SMC has been quite sluggish off and on for a few days. I thought it was the PC or the network but, it is occurring across machines, OS, browsers and locations. I have had the experience of the non-loading page as recently as this morning. It will set there as long as you are willing to wait. Closing and reopening the browser and re-issuing the call seems to clear it. I don't use IE but, Chrome and Safari seem to suffer the most, Firefox the least but, the problems this morning were on Firefox.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    SMC has been quite sluggish off and on for a few days. I thought it was the PC or the network but, it is occurring across machines, OS, browsers and locations. I have had the experience of the non-loading page as recently as this morning. It will set there as long as you are willing to wait. Closing and reopening the browser and re-issuing the call seems to clear it. I don't use IE but, Chrome and Safari seem to suffer the most, Firefox the least but, the problems this morning were on Firefox.
    closed and re-opened Chrome as well and did a hard reboot of the iPad. Apparently this is an iPad or mobile issue. I'm on the Mac now and it's functioning fine using Chrome. Just puzzled as to why it would suddenly stop working on the iPad. I had all other apps closed, nothing running in the background, just Chrome, didn't make a difference. As far as computer expertise goes, I've reached my limit
    Last edited by Randy Rizzo; 12-20-2015 at 10:51 AM.

There was a software upgrade for the IPad. I received it last week. That's the limit of my computer expertise.

Bill
    Bill

" You are a square peg in a square hole, and we need to twist you to make you fit. " My boss

Quote Originally Posted by william watts View Post
    There was a software upgrade for the IPad. I received it last week. That's the limit of my computer expertise.

Bill
    yep, got that as well, and it worked after that. This problem just cropped up in the last day or so.

Don't have a clue what's going on, but I deleted Chrome and reloaded, works now,who knows?

I can't use Chrome at all on my Android, all I get is a blank page. Firefox is barely functional; often the page never finishes loading.

I used to use forum runner (which had its own set of problems), but yesterday my phone updated to Android 6 which apparently won't run forum runner.

I wish this site had a decent mobile solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Peet View Post
    I can't use Chrome at all on my Android, all I get is a blank page. Firefox is barely functional; often the page never finishes loading.

I used to use forum runner (which had its own set of problems), but yesterday my phone updated to Android 6 which apparently won't run forum runner.

I wish this site had a decent mobile solution.
    SMC works just fine on my phone (Android 5.1.1) with Chrome, with the exception of posting pictures (need forum runner) and my tablet, also Android.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I cleared my app data for Chrome and SMC is working again. Thanks!