Thread: Has anyone used Vermont Natural Coatings?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Has anyone used Vermont Natural Coatings?

Has anyone used or heard of results from using this finish? http://www.vermontnaturalcoatings.co...niture-finish/
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Blog Entries
    Don't know what kind of finish you will get but it seems like a pretty safe material to use: http://bradfordmercantile.com/assets...SFurniture.pdf

The reason I ask is because it is being touted as a very durable finish for some out door cabinetry in coastal Maine . Not enough info to go on and the rep didn't want to give up a pint for some testing.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

I have not used them nor have I heard of them. Their MSDS and TDS are very light on any real info that would help determine what this product has in it; and thus be able to tell how it will preform...

Thompson's waterseal says it's the best in the world at weather proofing wood... Don't believe them....
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

Yes, thanks Scott - I don't intend to be a guinea pig tester, and so the questions of this thread.

Sam
    WQJudge

Aren't these the guys that popped up to provide finishes for the Amish craftsmen? Seems like I read something about this, but I can't dredge up the details.