Thread: Picture resizing help

Picture resizing help

Hey Guys,

I haven't participated on the forum for quite a while. I check in from time to time, but just too much has been going on the last couple of years. Anyway, a few months ago, a song lyric websites was nice enough to introduce my computer to a debilitating virus. Luckily the guy that repaired the damage was able to recover all my pictures and most everything that was important.

The only thing I just realized was missing is a free picture resizing program someone on this forum had recommended to me several years ago. It worked great but I'm not sure of the name. I would like to download it again but I don't want to accidentally download a virus (I'm kind of virus-shy now). I believe the name was picresizer but when I google that name the only hit I get is a program named picsizer. Is anyone familiar with picsizer?

I already tried looking back through my old posts but cannot go back far enough to get to the thread that contained the original link to the program I had. Any help or suggestions to another good free picture resizer would be appreciated.

I use IrfanView for resizing, cropping etc.

I use shrink pic. Runs in the background, and re-sizes pics as you upload them.
    Leaves the original as is.
    http://www.onthegosoft.com/shrink_pic.htm
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

ditto on the Irfanview. Great program, easy to use, and doesn't seem to be a resource hog. I do remember hearing about a program like picresizer, but I've never used it. Maybe do a search here at the creek. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Microsoft had a tool kit or play kit or something years ago and it was free. It added the option when you right clicked on a photo. You could just right click on the name, hit resize photo, and a box popped up. It works really well.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Paul - there are a number of freeware programs that will resize your photos for you. I use FastStone and it does everything I need from a graphics editor. The program you may be remembering is PIXresizer and is still available.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

That's the one Steve, PIXresizer. I'm sure the others mentioned are great also, I'll have to check them out, but for now I am already familiar with PIXresizer, I just couldn't remember the name. Thanks for all the responses.