We have a linksys (Cisco) router. Wireless N, but we don't use the wireless part. I noticed our internet getting slow a couple weeks ago and just ignored it. Then I finally ran a speed test on it via speedtest dot net and saw a whopping 1.5Mbps. I called our cable company and she ran some tests from there end and said she was seeing issues and a packet loss issue so she sent out a tech the next day. While here, he determined the line was bad from the pole, and he replaced it, ran some tests and said it was screaming fast (which I saw on his computer tests). He left and I noticed we were still slow. Rats. So I restarted the router and the switch we use and nothing changed. I logged into the router and did a total reset. When I did, it popped up to almost 50Mbps. Cool, problem fixed.

Next day. Same thing. Check speed, running at 1.2Mbps. Go to the router, poke a paperclip into the "reset" button, bam, back up to 45-50Mbps.

So now it appears to be a daily thing.

Is the router going bad? Is there a setting I need to change or look at? Or just trash it and put a new one in it's place. I think it's about 2 years old.

Any suggestions?