Thread: I am cordless too!

I am cordless too!

A little background to this revelation:

I have been working like a dog on a job that no one my age should be doing anyway, and this week was tough. Last night I came home with 61 hrs. in this week by Friday, and on a 4 story house built on an impossible sand dune.

That is when my wife reminded me that I had to take a shower and go to a Funeral/Party for one of my good friends mom. I really wanted to enter my time and curl up on the couch, but Mike is a great friend and I would not let him down. So, Off I go........

In honor of his mother, Ruby Relaxers for everyone! If that is not enough Mike takes me in and shows me that he has not one, but two cases of my favorite brew. He clearly expects me to stay. So I did. And I did have an awesome time once I got my second wind. Someone had nerve enough to tell me that I was starting to look a little old playing Frisbee games, but other than that all was well.

I had intended to go to work today when I got up, but this is not my house? Oh ya, Ruby Relaxers..........

So, being as I would not be worth what I get paid I decided to go work on my own house, no pressure there. I was useless! After a time I just gave up and headed home.{My home} An afternoon nap seemed in order all things considered. So I did.

Now this is where my current state and the recent thread on cordless batteries merged. I had the revelation that I too am a cordless tool! And as I get older and have gone through so many charge cycles, I pick up a little bit less juice as time rolls on. Some days my charger just flat does not work. Even on a good day I no longer have the strength to do the work I once did. Hmmmm.....

To the fellow that said that you should not rebuild your cordlesses, and rather just throw them away and replace them, please stay away from my wife...........

Honey, there is this place that rebuilds old tools that I wante to tell you about.......

Larry

Larry
    I had not heard that comparison before BUT it sounds about right. I find as I get older it takes more and longer recharges. Sometimes I just go for a ride and it takes a full tank to think straight. Now as we get older we just have to remember to do it more often.

Chris

Welcome to the club. Everywhere I go seems like an AARP meeting.

Rick Potter

Even on a good day I no longer have the strength to do the work I once did. Hmmmm.....
    Remember the old Schlitz beer commercials - grab all the gusto?

LOL!
    I grabbed a lot more than my share in my life and - oh how I'm paying for it now that I'm older.
    Heck forget about the work part ....I'm too pooped to pop for the play part any more .

I spent from 8am until 9 pm running a floor sander on Saturday.

My 60 year old battery sure ain't no LiIon!

My recharger seems to be on the blink also. My meter shows full, but, it's no where near 1/10th that level.

Ha! I sold my floor sander and edger about five years ago. I just did not want to do another floor.

It never was fun, and it didn't become any more fun with age. I pay people to do that and don't begrudge them one penny.

I now don't know how to do floors, don't know how to insulate, don't know how to do drywall, don't know how to paint, and don't know how to do concrete. I keep getting dumber every year.

Larry

Blog Entries
    Resist entropy!
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

There can be ne resistance. Resistance could only be to the percentage of loss. And even that.....

I woke up this morning and discovered that I had forgotten how to do roofing!

Great Day!

Larry

The laws of thermodynamics apply:

You can't win.
    The best you can do is break even.

You can't get out of the game.

I have reached the point in my life where a nap is the highlight of my week.
    I also resist time-sucks that provide no pleasure, benefit or promise of either.

I will gladly exchange money for time, as time is the only thing I cannot replace.