Thread: Is it possible to wrap a line around an object on coreldraw?

Is it possible to wrap a line around an object on coreldraw?

Hello all, im wondering if there is any way that i can wrap an outline a set distance from an object. The idea is that i create a cut line and enclose a logo inside it. I have searched coreldraws help high to low with no success. Does anyone have any suggestions? this is the logo, thanks

brandxjpeg.jpg

I think the feature you want is called powerclip.

You create the outline you want to put the logo in then use the powerclip feature in the effects menu.

If you want a close outline shaped to the logo then you'll need to get rid of the white box background which I assume is there. You can do that in Corel then use the contour feature or the boundary. You can find all in the youtube tutorials.

You can also simply draw an outline for a cut line.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

James, a good source of CorelDraw tutorials can be found at: http://coreldrawtips.com

thankyou, the problem was i didnt know what the feature was called so was hard to search for what i wanted to do. But i got what i wanted to using the contour feature thanks alot, tried it out on some wood i had

brandxkeyring.jpg
    looks alot better in real life, quite happy with it. Going to knock them up in acrylic for my friends audio company

James, not sure of your application - but in any event I am assuming that the line you are trying to create would capture the whole logo but much smoother. Since the logo is not contiguous black (i.e. there are breaks in the black) then you need to envelope it more coarsely or else it would "fall apart" when outlined. Personally I think trying to use an algorithm or command in Corel to "outline" this might not do what you want anyway. Do you want the curve to follow each leg of the "X" or do you want the curve to have a flattish top and bottom? You probably don't want to follow every bump and dip in the graphic. You can draw a simplified outline in CorelDraw roughly following the contours of the shape with a manual trace (brandx jpg on a locked layer behind); then offset the required distance and then clean up the offset curve. At least I think that is how I'd tackle it . . .

Edit: okay, you clarified the exact second I posted - ignore what I said . . . looks like you solved it . . .

Depending upon which version of Corel you have, you can also select the item(s) and go into Effects, Create Boundary and it will create an outline around the whole vector graphic.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."