Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New infil plane

New infil plane

Totally inspired by Konrad Sauers K series planes that I played with a couple weeks ago at a show here is a prototype that is almost complete. 6 1/2 inches long smoother with blade bed of 52.5 degrees. Infil is ebony that needs a couple more coats of French polish to complete.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've been to busy to post for a month or so but I have to take a few seconds to say this it great! Did you turn the cap screw yourself?
    The Plane Anarchist

Wayne, are you a machinist?

Hi Peter, no i am a woodworker with some metalworking knowledge. I plan to do a production run of 5 of these planes. I made all components from scratch except the blade. It was purchased.
    Last edited by wayne Jepson; 04-25-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Gorgeous ...
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Looks heavy. I'll carry that for you.
    Superb
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Blog Entries
    Looks like a fun little plane to use.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Beautiful work Wayne. If you have any, please post a video of construction or of the plane in use.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Looks good, Wayne. Nothing is quite as satisfying as using your own tools with good effect.

Very nice work Wayne.
    +1 on build pics or some shavings.

That is a heck of a prototype. I can't wait to see the next one. Great job all around

Wow. Really beautiful.

13. Gorgeous work! I'll second the request for construction photos.

Thanks everyone for the amazing amount of interest in this plane and the complements. I have made a few planes in the past but when I used Konrads planes at a show a little while ago I was totally amazed and it took my interest and appreciation for this type of plane to a new level. I admit I became a little obsessed with making this plane and there were a few nights the shop till 3 am. The lines of Konrads K series planes I feel are the finest I've ever seen and hopefully he does not mind me borrowing some for my planes. I will try to take some higher resolution pics this weekend to show finer details of the plane and if I can get one of my kids to take a video of it in use I will post it. Thanks.

Wayne

Nice work!
    Please post build pics, as I'd like to try one too!

Oh, and Konrad is a very nice guy.
    I don't think he'd mind. Rather, I think that he'd be flattered if you showed this to him.