Thread: Finding a Delta Invicta Shaper manual

Finding a Delta Invicta Shaper manual

I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff on the Internet, but for some reason I am just coming up with an operator's manual and/or parts manual for my "new" (to me) Delta Invicta 7.5hp shaper. Anybody know where I could acquire a copy of one? I don't need an actual original, an online copy or scan would be fine.

I just got the shaper off the trailer and into the building that contains my shop. Wow! This thing is a beast! Quite a bit bigger than I thought it was looking at the auction pics. The huge cast iron top has concentric, round inserts up to 16". 16"????? Just the thought of that is scary! I can't even imagine what type of cutter would be that big.

Keith

I bought a used Invicta planer, I contacted Dewalt support, they asked me for my address and they mailed me a manual.

I checked out the site, I went here and could download the manual for the planer, try typing in your model number.

http://servicenet.dewalt.com/Home

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply, but your response confused me a bit. I'm talking about a 3-phase Delta shaper from the late 80's/early 90's era that weighs about 1500 lbs. The Invictas were a line of Delta machinery that were made in Brazil. I'm not aware of any connection to Dewalt.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Weber View Post
    Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply, but your response confused me a bit. I'm talking about a 3-phase Delta shaper from the late 80's/early 90's era that weighs about 1500 lbs. The Invictas were a line of Delta machinery that were made in Brazil. I'm not aware of any connection to Dewalt.

Keith
    Dewalt owned the Delta company for several years & is still providing replacement parts & manuals for older machines.

Well, you learn something new everyday! After a bunch more searching, I came across a website for Invicta in Brazil. I'm not sure if it's still active or not. I'll send them an e-mail once I get a chance to get to the shop and collect the year and serial number of the machine. I'll post back here if I have any luck with that after the weekend. I'll try and remember to take a picture too while I'm out at the shop.

Keith

Hi Bob,

Keith
    Keith

I am aware of that. As I stated I bought a used Invicta planer (1988) without a manual. I am not certain of the Delta/Black and Decker/Porter Cable/Dewalt relationship but I know they are connected somehow. Anyway, I searched on line which took me to ServiceNet. I could not download a manual so I sent an email. They replied asking for my address and they mailed me one. The email address I used was "support.dewalt@dewalt.com". After my first email I checked out the site. On the link that I posted earlier I could download my manual by entering the Invicta model number, 22-650. I found a parts diagram in various places with a simple web search.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Weber View Post
    I just got the shaper off the trailer and into the building that contains my shop. Wow! This thing is a beast! Quite a bit bigger than I thought it was looking at the auction pics. The huge cast iron top has concentric, round inserts up to 16". 16"????? Just the thought of that is scary! I can't even imagine what type of cutter would be that big.

Keith
    Bigger industrial shapers were sometimes used for tenon work back in the day. You would remove the fence and put a tenon hood on the machine and have a slider attached to the machine. You would then spin your tenon discs, which would have to be quite large for longer tenons, (think dinner plates).....and off you go! My shaper was originally offered with the tenon hood as well as a saw that mounted to the shaper for this work.....kinda intimidating to say the least

Anyway congrats on your new acquisition, those are supposed to be pretty decent shapers. I'm sure you'll have some fun with it

good luck,
    JeffD

Once you get used to the size you will appreciate the capacity. You can get really nice used cutters from Oella that most people can't use due to size and weight and the cuts are great. Dave

As a follow up and as help to anyone else looking for this shaper's manual in the future that searches this archive, I sent an e-mail to Invicta in Brazil at the address I got off this webpage:

http://www.invicta.com.br/usa/manuals.asp

They responded in under 2 minutes with a scanned set of the pages from the owner's and parts manual.

Keith