Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowl using table saw

is it possible that his saw blade crank will move the blade from one detent to the next detent, I hope that detent is the correct word for a index

This method was an article in American Woodworker. Just as in making cove cuts on a table saw, my guess is that you can only raise the blade about 1/16 - 1/8 in. at a time as you are cutting with the side of the teeth. Also, even with a very good blade, sanding will take some effort.
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    is it possible that his saw blade crank will move the blade from one detent to the next detent, I hope that detent is the correct word for a index
    move is the wrong word, raise the blade is correct

Roger, why not go get a lathe? Because he spent $4000 on his SS tablesaw and doesn't have any more money for other equipment!
    I drink, therefore I am.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Roger, why not go get a lathe? Because he spent $4000 on his SS tablesaw and doesn't have any more money for other equipment!
    Well Mike.........you might just have a point there!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

You could really hurt yourself much faster with a dado blade on the saw!!

Should say, "Professional driver on closed course, DO NOT ATTEMPT!"

robo hippy

If he's using a Saw Stop saw, there shouldn't be any concern about him getting hurt. Isn't that why that particular saw was invented?? Stick a weenie in it, and it doesn't hurt the weenie but instead trashes the saw... Now, we just need to get a lathe that will lock up just before a turned item decides to explode. Wouldn't that be something???? No more trips to the doc's office, just down time repairing the lathe..... Jerry (in Tucson)

can't believe that the SS safety feature would be of any use with the blade contacting wood prior to your fingers which it would have to with that setup

safety all to one side , why would you want to spend the effort to sand that nightmare after the fact? i too will stick to the lathe for bowl making