Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Issue

Strange Issue

I've got 3 pics attached..

1 = screenshot in Corel draw
    2 = screenshot at printing
    3 = screenshot of the job inside the Universal Control panel

I emptied the saved jobs in the control panel as well.

Q = Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (51.5 KB, 95 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.JPG (67.3 KB, 90 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (23.0 KB, 76 views)
    Retired Navy SHCS (SW/AW)
    Universal Versalaser VLS 3.50 30W / Corel X4
    God Bless

I think the first issue is that your page size doesn't coincide with your table size.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Check your layers to make sure you don't have one layer turned off from view, but turned on for printing. I've done that a number of times. I have one hidden layer with print turned on, one visible layer with print turned off. So what I see doesn't go to the control panel, it sends the layer I don't see.

It's very confusing when it's happening, but in my cases, it's always been a print layer turned on that shouldn't be.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Mike - I checked the page vs table.. 24x12 is what I have.
    Scott - checked the layers as well... no hidden ones ..
    I'll keep poking around and see what turns up..
    God Bless

On the screen shot for the printing (2nd jpeg) you have 'selection' clicked. In both versions of Corel that I have I use 'current document' could that be the answer?
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

James-
    No, these are parts of a larger graphic I'm cutting out on paper and then taping together to make a pattern around 48"x48"
    God Bless

Ok, I'm about to pull my hair out over this...

Attached is the file I'm working on. My page size is set to 96" x 48" (plywood), I've already got my "tiles" created (8.5 x 11). The plane is to cut the graphic up into 8.5x11 pieces, cut each piece, reassemble the cut pieces with tape and use the complete piece as a template to trace onto my plywood.

When I powerclip the graphic into the titles, the graphics goes behind the titles, so I not sure what is going on there. I've tried putting tiles in front of the graphic and the graphic in front of the tiles, but always end up with the same result.

If I can figure out this process I have lots of files I plan to turn into "yard art" and using this process makes it easy to trace onto the plywood vs gluing the paper to the plywood.

I have a 24 x 12 laser.

Thanks for the help..

Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files
    God Bless

I still think it's your page size.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Kevin, I can look at the file from here, but I'll be in the shop tomorrow. I'll help you work it out, no matter what the issue. I'll PM my details first thing in the morning.

We will get it worked out.

Kevin, keep the hair in place, you're almost there...

Having made your grid of boxes, select all of the boxes and group. Then select your artwork and powerclip it into the grouped boxes. Ungroup and each box will have its own part of the artwork which you can print or whatever as needed.

-Glen

Glen - Yes that is exactly what I did.. see pics 1 and 2 at the start of this post, however, in pic 3 you will see what happens after I send the "part" to the laser.

Scott - I usually don't work on Sat, but I have to today, so I'll be watching the clock all day to get back home in hope you can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks you everyone for you interest in helping me solve this.

Kevin
    God Bless

Kevin there are open paths in the vector lines also you may have to make the Oval in the center two separate pcs top section and bottom section. You need to work with closed vector paths. I believe that this is what is going on with the UCP issue as well it may have something to do with the power clipping.

Just a quick look at the file I have to pick up a system today and will try the file later on my VLS to see if I can find the problem.
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

Ok, I went the next step and tried to select and print one of the tiles and it wouldn't print from there. Try copying the tile, creating a new project with page size set correctly, and pasting the tile into this new project. That printed correctly for me.

I love this place!! Scott Shepherd got me pointed in the right direction... he talked me through using smartfill and then doing a little tweaking and it works great. THANKS SCOTT!!! Thank you all for looking and providing input.

Kevin
    God Bless

Please share what you did, why you needed smartfill?