Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Mitre Jigs For Table Saw

Aftermarket Mitre Jigs For Table Saw

Curious as to what users of the Incra 1000 SE Mitre Guage think of it. I can get for about 129.00 delivered. Is this one worth the money?

Thanks,
    corey

I have the Incra 1000 (not SE). I like it and use it constantly but if I were buying again I would probably get the Woodhaven gauge. I've used both extensively and while the Incra has more bells and whistles the Woodhaven is rock solid, dead accurate and will remain that way until we're both long gone. I went to a woodworking program at a local college and the Woodhaven was what they were using. They hadn't had a problem with them in several years of HARD use.

Thumbs up

Hi Corey....never used a 1000SE, but I like the Incra V27 alot.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Corey,
    I thought about the Incra line of mitre gauges, but decided upon the JDS. The reason for that is the quality of construction and the heavy duty nature of the thing. I like something that is solid and offers a secure platform. I'd like to pick up the clamp for it - if I can find a bargain on one.

Maurice

I have one and it is OK but wish I had gotten the Osborn, like the one Norm uses. I tried one and it is a lot easier to set up from one side of the blade to the other.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Corey,

I have the 2000 and love it.

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Hallagan
    Curious as to what users of the Incra 1000 SE Mitre Guage think of it. I can get for about 129.00 delivered. Is this one worth the money?
    Cory, two thumbs up for the 1000 from me. I haven't had any issues with it at all, from quality to accuracy that would cause me to give it anything less than high marks.

Thanks guys. The Incra looks like a good deal for the money. I have also considered the V27 as Scott uses due to it is pretty affordable. Also have considered the Kreg. Appreciate all the feedback. The wood haven appears to be a solid, simple design, I can only buy from a dealer that sells on ebay as I am using up some PP reserves.

Thanks again,

Corey

Corey -

I have the Osborne and really like. It is easy to set, repeatable and easy to move from one side on the blade to the other.

Regards,
    Ted

I also own and recommend the Woodhaven. You can buy from anyone with a PP account, they have whats refered to as a virtual CC method of payment. To the receiver it appears to be a credit card purchase, but PP handles the details.

Fasttrack....now its Kregg...very good
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

I have used the 1000 for the past 3 years and LOVE it. There are a lot of great aftermarket miters on the market right now. The thing I like best about the Incra is the hard notches. Very quick to switch from 90 degress to and angle and back to 90 again.

I also appreciate the very tall knob and the fact that while very solid, it doesn't weight too much.

...Jim W
    Last edited by Jim W. White; 03-29-2005 at 3:21 PM.

Thanks for all the feedback. I think their are alot of good ones available it seems. I purchased the Incra 100SE, should do the job better than the standard Delta guage.
    Thanks again!

Corey

I had an Incra 2000, then sold it and get the 1000SE from Woodpecker. I really like it but there are two things that I'd like to see improvements upon:

1. The miter bar is shorter (18" IIRC) compared to other brands (20"-22"). I have a sliding table so this is not a big deal. But if you want to cut panels with the head miter gauge off the table, or with the miter gauge backward (the head against the far side of the panel), this may be a deal breaker. Woodpecker does sell longer miter bars separately.

2. As supplied, the miter gauge requires an allen wrench (or allen screwdriver) for adjustments. This can be fixed with knobs and screws purchased from Woodpecker as in this one.

Note: The reason I mentioned Woodpecker is that they provide excellent customer service. I called them up to tell them that I could still wiggle the fence on the 1000SE even when locked down. Without asking when and where I bought it from, they sent me a new protractor and a new pivot bolt handpicked to make sure they match. The extra protractor you see in the picture is the old one. Later on it was used to make this knee switch.

Hoa,

I see you have a Dewalt/Osborne miter gauge hanging on your saw. Which of the two do you prefer in comparison with the Incra 1000se?

Thanks,
    John