Thread: confused by pages and results

Hybrid View

confused by pages and results

Hey, I am getting confused by pages and results sometimes.

I have a thread I started here:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-too-difficult

There are 18 replies, but its only showing 15. In the weird thread view, it says "more replied below current depth". I dont understand this. Actually what I don't understand is why there is no page 2 button, I have to click "more replies below current depth".

Every other thread I view, if it has more than 15 posts, it gets a page 2. Why does my thread not have a page 2?

Also another bizzare thing happened. A thread called "Track Saws..." was on my 1st page of general goodworking. I replied. I didn't check before replying, but now it looks like the last post behind mine was 2 weeks ago. ?!?!? Thats not possible since the thread was bumped near the top when I clicked it... any idea whats going on?

Ryan, take a look at this recent thread, it may answer your questions.
    Viewing a thread??
    Each honest calling, each walk of life, has its own elite, its own aristocracy based on excellence of performance.

Please help support the Creek.

ah, thanks. I didn't even know there was such a thing. been using forums for years and never heard of it... cant see the point in hybrid mode to be honest

now if I could just figure out how to make it automatically subscribe me to every thread I post in. I have scoured the user setting over and over and I just cannot find it. Can I set it to email me when there are replies?

nevermind, got that now too. thanks

Ryan, glad you got it straightened out. I never understood why some people like the hybrid mode either. Maybe it’s a holdover from the early forum days.
    Each honest calling, each walk of life, has its own elite, its own aristocracy based on excellence of performance.

Please help support the Creek.