Thread: Moderators

Moderators

There was a thread started this AM from a woman that was gifted with a "model 1843 Beaver Bandsaw", she had two posts, I responded with info about the company history. Just went back to see if she had responded, the response from this site was " you do not have permission to access this page", AKA the mods killed it!!! As far as I could tell this was not a try to get around the 6$ end play for a cheap sale, I have not been in the Creek as much as I used to be and this may cause me to dry my feet forever. If there is a reasonable explanation to this event please post it here.l

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

I get the same response sometime and I did not understand why either

It appeared to us that the post in question had an intent to sell the item and as you know, such posts belong in the Classifieds and as you further know, one needs to be a Contributor to post there.

"What is it worth" posts are discretionary at best. I think the poster was simply new to the forum (low post count) and not aware of the rules. The poster has been made aware of the action taken so lets see if anything comes of it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    It appeared to us that the post in question had an intent to sell the item and as you know, such posts belong in the Classifieds and as you further know, one needs to be a Contributor to post there.

"What is it worth" posts are discretionary at best. I think the poster was simply new to the forum (low post count) and not aware of the rules. The poster has been made aware of the action taken so lets see if anything comes of it.

Chris,

I accept that as a good reply, it actually took many posts on my part to realize what a contributor was, thought it meant a person that knew something (Who Would Have Thought).

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Heather,

I saw the thread about the band saw this morning and I let it stand. My reason was that the saw was already owned and it did not seem to me to be a want ad. One of our Moderators moved the thread, their interpretation was different from mine. Our Staff will sometimes disagree on certain situations, this is based on our interpretation of the details. It's not about being right or wrong, we try our best to be consistent, but when we see things differently we respect each others point of view. Our track record is pretty good considering the number of threads and posts we manage every day, week, month, etc.

Our Staff tries to review every new post every day to make sure the rules here are applied equally to everyone, it is a monumental task.