Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paw Paw grove

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Ray....mango is also a fruit..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mango to which he is referring.....
    thank Ken, I know that but forgot to include the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Yup, those look like the fruit that my trees are bearing... Of course, it looks like you like yours with a touch of salt.
    Finally got it
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Mike, was it you or one of your dogs that actually found them...
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Believe it or not, it was me! My little Hoover never paid them any mind... Go figure, something she actually COULD have eaten, but didn't.
    I drink, therefore I am.

I tried to get some started at the last house we had. Finicky little buggers to get going, I moved before they really had a chance. I've never actually had the pleasure of trying them, but they _sound_ really cool

Looking at the picture from Dan I'd swear those were cucumbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Mooney View Post
    I tried to get some started at the last house we had. Finicky little buggers to get going, I moved before they really had a chance. I've never actually had the pleasure of trying them, but they _sound_ really cool

Looking at the picture from Dan I'd swear those were cucumbers!
    cucumbers never taste so good as a ripe paw paw, almost like bananas

You guys are getting me interested. I am going to the nursery for some raspberry bushes so I think I will look into a few Paw Paw trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Creech View Post
    You guys are getting me interested. I am going to the nursery for some raspberry bushes so I think I will look into a few Paw Paw trees.
    red or black raspberry

I prefer red but will probably mix them up for variety. I also plan on seeing what else good to eat is there.

Jim, you missed your Monty Python opportunity! Your answer should have been:

"Red...No! Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkk......... .."
    I drink, therefore I am.

I not sure about raspberries, but blackberries briars seems to do better if they are in partial shade and fertilize might help too

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Mike, was it you or one of your dogs that actually found them...
    Funny! "paw paw" Cracked me up!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Belinda (and Van), I can't believe that slipped right by me! I didn't see the pun... That is likely because Van has met my dogs, and whenever I've spoken to him, he (along with pretty much any person I speak with) has heard me say "LEAVE IT!" to my garbage disposal 6 year old puppy (she still thinks she's a puppy...). That dog constantly grazes on grass (no not a stomach ache...just likes to eat grass in the Spring), and will eat any kind of poop she can find. Yeah, remember that any of you that might swing by here when she gives you a big smooooooch!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Jim, you missed your Monty Python opportunity! Your answer should have been:

"Red...No! Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkk......... .."
    Dang! That one went right past me! I guess my mind ain't tarp as a shack anymore.

Ray,
    A co-worker is bringing me some blackberry brambles this week. I've never grown any so I guess research is in order. Thanks for the tip.

if I am not mistaken , they sell a version of blackberry that do not have any thorns , if you got enough land then why not plant a various of fruit berries,blackberry, raspberry, dewberry, gooseberry ,dewberry grow close to the ground