Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paw Paw grove

Paw paws are delicious! Isn't Fall great?!

Eat up!! Paw Paws are considered a super food, like avocados. And if you are in Ohio (near Athens), they even have a Paw Paw festival! Disclaimer - I haven't been to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Eat up!! Paw Paws are considered a super food, like avocados. And if you are in Ohio (near Athens), they even have a Paw Paw festival! Disclaimer - I haven't been to it.
    a super food , how many meats are a super food ?

Ray....not Paw Paw as in Grandfather. Paw Paw as in the FRUIT!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Ray....not Paw Paw as in Grandfather. Paw Paw as in the FRUIT!
    I bet that you will tell me that Bear Paw Paw are also a fruit when you get one to the head, will you eat a green persimmon and tell me how it taste a second after you eat it

Nope, Ray, I will not tell you how a green persimmon tastes right after I eat it... Your mouth can't form words after eating a green persimmon! DAMHIK

Don't know about Bear Paw Paws...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Nope, Ray, I will not tell you how a green persimmon tastes right after I eat it... Your mouth can't form words after eating a green persimmon! DAMHIK

Don't know about Bear Paw Paws...
    WYSINWYG do not apply in this case, after you eat a ripe persimmon you will think that a green one will taste good AND IT do taste good and it do taste good and it do taste good

Sorry, Ray, I don't know this one...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Sorry, Ray, I don't know this one...
    are you talking about this, WYSIWYG, I put a N in by mistake
    What You See Is What You Get

Ray, I have to admit that I'm not sure if we're going around in circles here, or what... Honestly, I think you might be talking in metaphors. I have, however, taken a bite out of an unripe persimmon and I puckered like I've never puckered before...and I like "sour".
    I drink, therefore I am.

Ray, I have to admit that I'm not sure if we're going around in circles here, or what... Honestly, I think you might be talking in metaphors. I have, however, taken a bite out of an unripe persimmon and I puckered like I've never puckered before...and I like "sour".
    I may talk in metaphors but not on purpose,
    I like sour foods too , why don't you sit down and get off of the merry-go-round

NEWEST UPDATE:

Well, the Paw Paw trees are done baring fruit. All the fruit has fallen and all have been consumed. Here are my thoughts:

*Eating a Paw Paw one its own seems to be an acquired taste. It isn't bad, has a mangoy-bananay flavor, but a little pungent/gamy. So, I think that is a love it/hate it thing...
    *I made Paw Paw pudding. Came out of the oven smelling devine. Didn't get to eat it until the next day (yes refrigerated), again, it was neat, but I don't think I would do that again.
    *Best use (for me) was PawdaiquiPaws...Paw Paw daiquiris. Tasty drinks, I must say. But the labor involved in de-seeding them, um, made it not as good as other fruit and rum.

My brother and his son REALLY like them right off the tree. So, they won't go to waste next year. I'll just bag 'em up, and keep them 'til I see 'em.
    I drink, therefore I am.

NEWEST UPDATE:

Well, the Paw Paw trees are done baring fruit. All the fruit has fallen and all have been consumed. Here are my thoughts:

*Eating a Paw Paw one its own seems to be an acquired taste. It isn't bad, has a mangoy-bananay flavor, but a little pungent/gamy. So, I think that is a love it/hate it thing...
    *I made Paw Paw pudding. Came out of the oven smelling devine. Didn't get to eat it until the next day (yes refrigerated), again, it was neat, but I don't think I would do that again.
    *Best use (for me) was PawdaiquiPaws...Paw Paw daiquiris. Tasty drinks, I must say. But the labor involved in de-seeding them, um, made it not as good as other fruit and rum.

My brother and his son REALLY like them right off the tree. So, they won't go to waste next year. I'll just bag 'em up, and keep them 'til I see 'em.

tell you what to try and this is to bag bananas and see how well they keep, the 2 ways to keep fruit are canning or drying , GOOD LUCK

did you get a killing frost ?

Ray, I read this "tell you what to try and this is to bag bananas" 5 times and can't make heads or tails of it. Yes, however, I do know that bagging bananas ripens them uber quickly. Actually, I misspoke. I put them in the fridge until they need transporting. Then I put them into a plastic bag. The recipient will have them within an hour.

No, no frost yet. Just all the fruit has ripened. No more fruit on the tree...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Ray, I read this "tell you what to try and this is to bag bananas" 5 times and can't make heads or tails of it. Yes, however, I do know that bagging bananas ripens them uber quickly. Actually, I misspoke. I put them in the fridge until they need transporting. Then I put them into a plastic bag. The recipient will have them within an hour.

No, no frost yet. Just all the fruit has ripened. No more fruit on the tree...
    I not surprise that you could not make head or tails out of my statements, bananas do not have heads or tails, bananas and paw-paw are similar so if bananas will keep by a certain method then paw-paw should keep too by using a similar method, dry fruit /canned fruit keep the best, waxed fruit keep good too but do not try to eat the wax fruit