Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shop Tour

I noticed the photos got deleted, so I thought I would post new ones sense I learned how.
    This is my latest addition to the shop. It is not done yet.
    021A.jpg
    This is my old band saw I bought from my machinist. It is a 30 inch Crescent.
    An Amish friend has a 36incher. It is considerably larger overall.

0451.jpg
    I went to Illinois in 2008 and bought this Jet 24 inch sander. It has improved my woodworking quality a bunch.
    DSC_0421a.jpg
    This is one of my latest acquisitions. I don't have a wood lathe but I got this for $350 but I need to buy some tooling for it
    DSC_0431A.jpg
    This is my assembly bench. I got it when I was installing an elevator in Spensor Indiana. It was sitting outside and they said they were going to sell it for scrap. They said I could have it. Good thing they had a fork truck to load it with.
    I added the top.
    DSC_0432A.jpg
    This Dwalt saw came of ebay. It was near Indianapolis. $450-16inch-5hp-3phase.
    DSC_0424A.jpg
    This was also listed on ebay, $1395 or best offer. I offered $350 and he took it. It was in Louisville Ky. Only 30 miles. It is an Oakley drawer sander. I figured, if it was junk, I could sell it for scrap and make money as heavy as it is. Belt is 15.5 inches by 15 feet. Two 5hp three phase motors make it run.
    DSC_0423A.jpg
    When I was picking up the drawer sander he also had this pump sander. He priced it at $100. It is 3 phase also.
    DSC_0435A.jpg
    I will post more pics later.

More Pics

I got this Unitronix 16inch jointer from the same guy I got the drawer sander from, but not near as cheap. It sure needs a paint job. This and the wide belt sander improved the quality of my projects a bunch.
    DSC_0440A.jpg
    Router table with Incra lift and Joint-Tech fence. I have a Delta shaper but I find myself using this a lot because of the precision adjustments.
    DSC_0448A.jpg
    ClearVue DC. the most expensive tool I have bought after installation. The little plainer I bought in 1978. It is on rollers and when in use I roll it out from this lean to and plain outside. The racket is for carpenter bees.
    DSC_0447A.jpg
    I paid full price for this table saw but I like it. After this saw I bought a used Delta. One is set up for ripping and one for cross cut.
    DSC_0433A.jpg
    Another picture of router table.
    DSC_0429A.jpg
    DSC_0442S.jpg
    I built the shop in 1978 and we lived in it for two years while I built the house.
    066S.jpg
    This is on the east end of the shop. I do mechanical work over here. I am not in a good mood when working on this side.
    DSC_0450S.jpg